Thursday, December 19, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 14 -- IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS


Hello, friends!  What a day this has been!  I got up early today and finally finished addressing all the Christmas cards.  What a job!



Then I hurried to get to the doctor's office for my three month check up.  Everything was good except for this cold I have.  But nothing to do about that except let it run its course.

I was there for about 2 1/2 hours.  Why does it always take so long in the doctor's office?  At least in this one.  My doctor is going to be out of the office for 3 weeks beginning January 17 so I guess she was trying to get all of her appointments in.  I thought she was taking a nice long vacation, but she told me she is having surgery.  Oh!  I guess even doctors get sick.

When I finally got out, I went to the post office, bought some stamps, and mailed all the Christmas cards.  I almost didn't go anywhere because it was so cold.  It was down to 20* F (-7*C). I wore my new snowman sweatshirt and it was very warm.  I was so glad.

I got out of the post office and then went next door to Rite Aid to finish my Christmas shopping.  I needed one more gift and some stocking stuffers for my sister and Joe.  I found everything I needed so after spending $100 I am done!  But I took some pictures to show you all the wonderful Christmas things they have.



A big Noel sign, red and red and black plaid tree skirts, snowman welcome mats, and tons of red and gold bows of all sizes.



Wreaths, wreaths and more wreaths!



Shelf-sitting Santas and snowmen, little ceramic snowmen, large stuffed gnomes.  They were about 24 inches tall.  Gnomes seem to be a big deal this year.



And beautiful crystal trees and reindeer.  Just so you know, I bought none of these.  I needed to get gifts.  I try to pay for my gifts as I go along rather than put them on a credit card.  This way Christmas is paid for and not hanging over my head all year.

It was noon by the time I got home.  I just had some crackers for lunch.  I haven't felt well all day long so I took it easy on my stomach.  The doctor seemed to think it was mucus from my cold making me feel sick and I tend to agree with her.

This evening I took some pictures of a few more decorations I have around the house.



This is sort of dark, but I think you can see it.  On my bottom step I have a tinsel tree and I got another gnome.  It was only $3 and I couldn't resist.



The shelf under my mirror has the little light up tree my sister gave me last year and a "Joy" sign I got from Target.  Also from last year.



On the little table by my front window I have some more things from last year -- wooden fir trees and a light up chalet.  The Cherished Teddies in the sleigh are fairly old, but still pretty.

I still haven't gotten any cookies baked and I'm still trying to clean the house.  There is so much to do before Christmas and I know there is no way I can get it all done.

But I did finish the blanket I was making for my sister-in-law.  It is so pretty.  I am going to take a picture of it tomorrow when the sun is shining so I can show it to you.  And have a memory of it for me.  I told Joe I love it so much and it is so warm that I want to keep it for myself.  But I won't.  I do think I will make one for myself though.

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Tonight I made a recipe I haven't made in so long.  It's called "The Sopranos Chicken and Potatoes."  Do you remember the old TV show "The Sopranos"?  The cast wrote a cookbook and this is one of the recipes from it.  Joe made it the first time we had it and we have both made it since then.  It is baked chicken and cut up potatoes with olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic.  I left the garlic off since my stomach wasn't 100% and it was still good.  I made some green beans and wax beans to go with it.



And with that I am going to go to bed.  It is very late and I have to get up in the morning to put out the trash for pickup.  Time goes on.

Kathy



5 comments:

  1. What beautiful decorations! Love the little tree & "Joy" by your mirror. I'm glad you got to your doctor. It was so cold (to me) that my dogs had to settle for being out in the yard. Mucus can upset a stomach. hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vignette at the bottom of your stairs...sweet perspective in that photo, too. Well I know just what you mean about so much to do with so little time. Perhaps you’d enjoy this post on the same: https://refreshher.com/2019/12/18/help-for-your-scurrying-and-worrying/

    It meant a lot to me. Mrs. T at Across My Kitchen Table first mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas cards are intense but fun! Good job on getting them out. I have decided to send cards every other year.
    I agree with Debbie, the picture by your mirror is so calm and reflexes JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shelf sitter Santas. Take care of your cold. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy. I love the cute Christmas shirts you where in every picture. So glad you got your cards finished. That can be quite the big job. Glad things went well at the doctor, even though it took a long time. Seems that is always the case with the doctor. Lots of waiting, then 10 minutes with the doctor. Rite-Aid sure has some fun Christmas things. Glad you got your shopping done. Hugs from UT. See again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.