Sunday, December 1, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 1 -- WELCOME DECEMBER AND THE FIRST DAY OF ADVENT

FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT -- A DAY OF HOPE




Hello, friends, and welcome to Blogmas 2019.  My goal is to post every day from now until Christmas showing you all kinds of seasonal things.  But first let's take a look back at November.

We started off the month with our Homecoming Sunday at church.  So much fun!  It was good seeing some of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time.

I made several trips to Target this month and I have another one planned.  Christmas is coming.

New flowers were planted at the church.  You should see the ornamental kale today!  Frost makes the colors more vibrant and we certainly had frost last night!

My friend Carol and I went to visit my Aunt Alice and attend the annual Christmas bazaar.  I got some nice gifts there.



And then there was our first Veterans Prayer Breakfast.  It was so kind of Councilman David Oh to be our guest speaker.



On Veterans Day Joe, Rick and I went to King George II Inn for dinner.  Such a nice place.  I love it there.

My beautiful Christmas cactus bloomed.  So pretty.



Then, of course on the 19th little L.B. made his entrance into the world.  I'll have to post some new pictures of him.



Thanksgiving was a low key day which is just what I needed.  I got to watch the 100th Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day parade and then have a wonderful dinner at the Country Club with Walt and Carole -- and Joe of course.

The month ended with helping to decorate the church for the Christmas season.  I have some new photos of the decorations that I will show you later this week.

TODAY'S MUG
I am trying to use all of my Christmas mugs this year and as I do, I will show them to you.  Today's mug is the snowman mug.  The bottom of it looks like it is a knitted sweater.



TODAY'S OPENING HYMN
The opening hymn at church today was "Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus" written by Charles Wesley in 1744.  The most common tune that it is sung to is "Hyfrydol" a Welsh tune written in the 1800s by Roland Hugh Prichard.  If you look it up on Wikipedia, you can read a short but interesting article about it.  And here is a video of the hymn.



And that is it for today.  Come back tomorrow for Day 2.  Have a good evening.

Kathy



10 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I enjoyed reading about your November and your weekend. I love that Christmas Cactus. I will check in with you again tomorrow. Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of some troubles, you had a great November. Your Christmas mug is cute...I have a handful...somewhere. That’s a nice photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cactus is so pretty! I like the mug too. I love mugs & have quite a few. I tell myself "What if one breaks?" So I end up buying another one! Oh well...Looking forward to your blogmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! I look forward to your "Blogmas 2019"! It's always fun to see what other churches and families do at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! And I like it when you end it with a photo of YOU....smiling at ME! Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy! What a lovey November you've had. I'm impressed with your 'post a day' you're about to do! Thank you always for popping in to see me and I wish you a beautiful December.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to peek back at your November and peek ahead at your month-long series for December. I am enjoying the hymn you linked as I type . . . love that song! Merry Christmas month to you! I'll be popping in as often as possible . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had quite a busy month. Hopefully, December will afford you a bit more rest. I love that mug! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming post as we enter into the Christmas season Kathy...I look forward to this and all the fun festivities you share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your November was jammed pack with goodness and I have no doubt December will be too. Happy Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.