Monday, December 16, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 12 -- CARRYING ON



Hello, friends!  The days are just rushing by and I am not having time to do the things I need to do.  So much yet to do!

This Sunday the lighting of the Advent candles was done by Pastor Ralph and his wife Carolyn.  He read the scripture, she read a poem and then he lit the candles.  I do not have a picture of Carolyn reading because it was so bad I would never show it to you.  But here is Pastor lighting the candles.  Three candles already.  How quickly the time is passing!


I stopped at Rite Aid after church yesterday for a couple of things and ended up spending way more money than I expected to.  A few stocking stuffers, a bag of chips for my lunch, etc.  But one thing I did buy was these Christmas lights in the shape of stars or snowflakes.  It could be either one.  I must get a photo to show you later this week.  I thought they were $7.00 but they were in the wrong place and when they rang up they were $12.00.  I was a little upset that they were so expensive, but when I took them out of the box today and put them together I realized they are more than worth the price.  There are four stars, LED lights, and are battery operated using three AA batteries.  There are 7 different settings to make them flash in different ways from a quick on and off to a slow glow in and out to having the lights chase each other across the string.  It can also burn steadily.  When you turn them on, they stay lit for 6 hours and then turn themselves off for 18 hours before going back on.  I am delighted!  As I said, I will show you later this week just how nice they are.

Joe, Rick and I went to the nursing home this afternoon.  We sang "Away in a Manger" and those ladies really sang out.  They love the Christmas carols.  Not all can see to read the words, but all seem to know them by heart.  Joe had a really great message on Joseph and his obedience to God.  Because of this obedience, God was able to use him to be the earthly father of Jesus.

After we dropped Rick off, we headed for Shoprite because we were really hungry.  We went to the hot food bar and got something to eat, then picked up a few things we needed.  They had crackers on sale.  You could get one box for $3.89 or three boxes for $4.98.  Uh...  So we got two boxes of regular crackers and one of garlic butter.  That sounded interesting.  Joe also found some fruitcake.  He has been looking for it for a long time and is so happy to have it.  And he can have it because I don't like it.

We weren't all that hungry for dinner since we ate so late, so I made salmon and broccoli and we left it at that.


I am watching my third Hallmark movie today.  I began with "A Crown for Christmas" this morning, watched "Christmas at the Plaza" this afternoon, and now have on "Christmas in Evergreen:  Tidings of Joy."  Yes, I really do love my Hallmark movies.

Well, that is it for today.  Tomorrow I hope to get a lot more done.  I have cards to do, cookies to bake and gifts to wrap.  I have cleaning to do, laundry and ironing.  I need to finish decorating.  Let's see what happens.

Sorry I don't have many pictures for you today but since I gave you overload the other day, I'm sure you'll forgive me.  Have a great night and I'll see you tomorrow.

Kathy






8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a busy week, but making lots of headway.
    Your star lights sound lovely, I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing them twinkling each night.
    Can't wait for the picture :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! I love the scripture you started this post with. One of my favorites! Those snowflake lights sound cool. I think they were sure worth $12! Yes, it is a busy, busy time of year. I am bone tired tonight so am off to bed. Another busy one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the star lights! With all those speed options they sound worth the $12. It's hard to believe Christmas is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are able to get everything done. I look forward to seeing the new lights and hope you have a good Tuesday, all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!!!! Love love your blog!!!!
    Would love to hear your history when you have time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time just keeps on passing, taking no heed to our to-do lists!
    I am sure that the people in the nursing home were happy to have you come! It is a joy to sing carols! We will be going Christmas caroling this week, at a couple of nursing homes and also at the homes of some of the housebound from our church. It is a blessing to be able to share . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the days are racing now... Happy preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoying those wonderful Christmas movies too. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.