Saturday, December 21, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 16 -- I'M GETTING BETTER BUT NOT THERE YET


Hello, friends!  Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes.  That means so much to me.  I am better today but still not really there.  I figured out that of the last 48 hours I have slept about 38 of them.  At least today I am staying awake longer.  Still feel queasy although my cold is very much better.  I will see in the morning if I am up to going to church or not.  I sure hope I am up to making the 2 hour drive to my sister's house on Christmas.  We have said for years that we wish we had a transporter like they have on the TV show "Star Trek" where we could just beam ourselves to each other's house in a matter of seconds.

Now Joe is starting to feel sick.  Oh no!  He went to bed without eating even though I offered to cook.

I didn't get to take a picture of the blanket I made Mary.  I will do my best to take it tomorrow.  

But I pulled out the temperature blanket I am making for this year for myself to work on.  I went online and got all the temperatures for the end of October, all of November, and what we have had in December.  I finished up October (about 5 days) and have gotten up to November 6 finished.  I am going to try to get caught up by Christmas.  We'll see.

I have the church bulletin typed up but haven't printed it out yet.  That's about it for today.  I must get the dishes done though.  And some cookies baked for tomorrow's Fellowship Time.  Feeling rotten and sleeping so much has sure put me behind.

You should hear my cat Jack laying next to me snoring.  Loudly.  I don't know who is louder, Jack or Joe!  It's a wonder I can sleep at all.

I don't have any photos to show you today so I borrowed this one from my granddaughter Tori.  My two little great-grandkids are so adorable.  Hadley is a good big sister to LB.  She shows him how to get into things.  Ha, ha!


And that's where I am going to end for today.  Hopefully I will have something a little more fun to share with you tomorrow.  Thanks for your visit.

Kathy




8 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Hope Joe doesn't get sick. Your great grands are darling. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable!

    Glad that you are improving and praying that a good night’s rest will put Joe back to rights. Praying, too, that Christmas plans will hold and that this bug will be long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you're feeling a bit better. Sorry to hear about Joe. These colds
    & bugs are really going around. Hope you can make it to Elaine's. I'll keep you you both in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel well enough to go to church, but if not, take care of you and Joe too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that you are beginning to feel a bit better. Don't push yourself. Let your body heal. Your great grandchildren are beautiful. You are blessed my friend. Be well, and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, Kathy. How sad to be sick at Christmastime. Hope you and Joe have both improved today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. both of you. Take your time and enjoy the next few days the best that you can. Make it simple...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two have been having a hard time! Glad you are on the mend but oh no, now Joe...that's how it goes, doesn't it?
    Please take care. I'm praying you get to spend Christmas with your sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.