Monday, December 9, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 7 -- SATURDAY










Hello, friends.  This will be a quick little post to catch up and then you will get another one later today.  Don't fear, I will get back on track.

Saturday was not a good day for me.  I really didn't do too much.  I wasn't feeling good at all and slept a lot.  Probably the best thing for me.

I did get the lights up in the front window.  And then they promptly fell down.  (sigh)  I usually use tape and the tape just wasn't strong enough for the heavy lights I was using.  So today I am going to fix it.  I mean it!  I may have to use a different string of lights that is light enough to stay up.

The only other thing I did was to get all my dishes caught up.  That was a big thing and I am happy to have an empty sink and clean dishes again.

TODAY'S MUG:
The mug for Saturday was one my mother-in-law gave me.  So cute.  Sorry the picture is a little blurry.  I took it with my phone and I still haven't figured out the fine art of taking pictures.


The snowman standing out in the field on a starry night with the words "Merry & Bright" are just too cute.  The little bird perched on his top hat makes me smile.

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Saturday night I had a ham steak with brussels sprouts and a baked potato.  I have one piece of ham left over that I will have for lunch this week.  Everything else went.  It has been a long time since I baked a potato and it turned out good.


And with that I am going to go start my day.  I will tell you about yesterday and the wonderful Christmas Café tomorrow.

Until then...

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. My wish is that everything go straight forward...no lights falling for you and no spilled milk (literally) for me. Life is complicated enough without all the added drama. Now The Lord has never listened to my logic and I doubt that He’ll start now. Ha!

    You made a good supper in spite of being under the weather. I did not get my dishes done yesterday...naughty flybaby that I am...and now am trying to decide if that comes first. Obviously not, since here I am reading blogs.

    Praying that you’ll be feeling much better today and all this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the bird on the snowman's hat! So cute! Sorry to hear you aren't well. Only do what you can comfortably do. Some days my only "done" task is dogs are walked & laundry. Then making dinner of course. THAT I love doing! lol! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Health first, house stuff later. It's no fun to clean and/or decorate when you're not feeling well! Hope you're up and at 'em today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. Sure hope you are feeling better. I fixed ham on Sunday to go with our slow cooker potato soup. My 23-year-old son loves ham steaks. That is a cute mug you are using today. I hope you are on the mend and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mug is adorable. Kathy, you need to put your health first and take good care of you. The dishes, housework, lights and everything else can wait. You're more important. Go slow today and be well, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cute mug! I love baked potatoes and make them every time I make a meatloaf.
    Did you get the lights to stay? I hope you did. Like you, I am getting things done as I can. Think I'm about done with the decorating. At least I'll stop!
    Bless you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.