Friday, December 13, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 10 -- GROCERY HAUL


Hello, friends.  Well, I may not be able to post everyday but I hope you are still enjoying Blogmas.  I know I am.  This is such a busy time of year.  Yesterday Joe and I finally got to go food shopping.  It has been awhile.  Here's what we got.


We were getting low on eggs.  And Joe had to get more eggnog.  He loves it.  I don't know what he's going to do when the season is over and he can't get it anymore.


Frozen veggies were on sale for 99 cents so I got 5 bags.


I needed soap pads and they were on sale for 89 cents so I got two boxes.  Joe found these Command hooks that we are going to use to put the Christmas lights up.  The ones in the front window that keep falling.


We got liverwurst for lunch.  We also got a brick of baby swiss cheese but I forgot to photograph it.  We also got asparagus which I had for dinner tonight.  So good.  Joe needed iced tea drink mix.  I also got an envelope of brown gravy and a bunch of bananas.  I just wanted some fresh fruit.


Mushrooms were on sale 2 boxes for $4.00.  Such a good price.  And I got some grape tomatoes.  I have a lot of lettuce and some carrots but I wanted something else to put with it for a salad.


Water was also on sale -- 2 cases for $5.00.  It is usually $3.99 a case so this was a real sale.  I also got some Pillsbury sugar cookies to bake up for the holiday season.  I have a feeling some of them will end up at church.


For meat we got some large pork chops, stewing beef (can you guess what I am making this week?) and I was all out of bacon.


As a treat Joe got some gelato and I got an ice cream sundae.  Sunday dessert is ready and I don't have to make it.


I was getting low on olive oil so got another bottle.  I also got two cans of diced tomatoes to put in the stew I am going to make.  And I got some ginger slices to settle my stomach which has been upset the last few days.


I love the Shoprite brand iced tea.  I was so glad Joe found the gallon bottle of it.  It will last me quite a while.


I got some broccoli.  They didn't have any large cans of cat food so I had to get the smaller cans.  And I am almost out of toothpaste.  I found the store brand is just as good as the name brand and is half of the price.


Joe saw these Christmas cookie containers and I got one of each of the two patterns.  I was looking all over the house for something to put my cookies into.  I used to use tins.  I used them for years and years.  But they finally got rusty and dented and I had to get rid of them.  I guess in 20 years of use I would be rusty and dented too.  So these plastic boxes are just perfect.  And large enough that I can put several kinds in together.


And finally I saw these cute napkins that say "Have a Merry Little Christmas" and, can you believe it, Christmas cards.  I had already bought my cards for this year.  But at $1.25 for 15 cards I got four boxes and put them away for next year.  What a bargain!

TODAY'S MUG:
I've shown you this mug before, but here's a better look.  It's the one my sister gave me for Christmas years ago.  The one side says "All I want for Christmas is Peace on Earth and really cute shoes,"


And next to the words is a cartoon of a lady in a Santa suit holding a cute shoe!


WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
It got later and later and by the time I put all the food away, I didn't feel like cooking a big dinner.  So I made pierogies with mushrooms and onions.  They just hit the spot.


It is very late and tomorrow is a busy day.  I will try to post in the morning because I doubt I will have time to do it later in the day.  I hope you all have a great night.

Kathy


6 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy - well I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow as well, so this post was just right! I love egg nog too, but don't buy it much. I love those plastic containers for your Christmas cookies. I was wondering if would like to exchange Christmas cards with me. I find your blog so interesting and always look forward to your posts! Anyway, if you would like to exchange cards, just send me an email. My email is linked at my blog in my profile. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul & some really good deals! Russ likes eggnog too.I like the containers.The penguin is adorable! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bargain on the cards! Now if we could only have a bargain on the stamps. The cookies look so cute and will be perfect in the new bins. I use the ginger chews that I find at T.J. Maxx...now I’m wondering about the sugared ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did quite the big grocery shopping my friend. We order ours and then go and pick them up and did that yesterday. I love the mug. Hope the ginger helps. Hope your Saturday is a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love buying seasonal napkins especially for a holiday. Your's are so cute! Love your mug...well, I've loved all the ones you showed so far =) Cute shoes, if only I had young cute feet to go with them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.