Thursday, December 5, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 5 -- I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE CLEANING AND DECORATING DONE!




Hello, friends!  How was your day?  I hope it was more productive than mine.  Although I did get things done, I still have so much more to do.

One thing I did was to bake some gingerbread boys and girls.  I sprinkled the boys with blue sugar and the girls with pink sugar.  Then I made little faces on them with some tiny decorative flower-shaped sprinkles.  They turned out so cute.  And they were good eating too.



I had tons of dishes to do and finally got most of them finished.  And that's about all that happened.  I have laundry to do and cleaning of the living room to do (it's a mess!) and decorating to do and I just feel so sick I can't get to it.  I am going to try again tomorrow.  *sigh* Just keeping it honest here.  I am going to see a new gastroenterologist next week and I am hoping and praying that he can help me.

TODAY'S MUG:
I think you will like today's mug.  I got it for Christmas last year.  Well, we got two, one for me and one for Joe.  But since we can't remember which one was for who, we both use both of them.  I actually took three pictures today to show you all of the sides.


The first side shows a scene from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" where Lucy is at the Psychiatric Help booth listening to Charlie Brown who is sitting there pouring out his problems.  Poor Charlie.


The side opposite to the handle says "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown" and shows the poor little Christmas tree he bought.  It reminds me of some of the trees my dad used to buy.  You put one ball on it and it bends in half.


And the last side shows Snoopy decorating his doghouse while Charlie Brown stands there smiling.  It is such a cute mug.  I can't wait to show you the other one.

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Dinner tonight was easy.  I made hamburgers and French fries.  I just didn't have the energy to make more.  We did have gingerbread cookies for dessert though.


And that's it for today.  Hopefully tomorrow I will have something more interesting to tell you.  But for now I think I am going to go to bed.  Have a good night everyone!

Kathy








9 comments:

  1. The Snoopy mug is so cute! And now I am hungry for a hamburger...not a good idea at 10:30 pm so maybe that will be tomorrow's supper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love That little tree! Don't we all need a little love? Mugs are so cute. The cookies look delicious! I can just smell them baking.....Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to seeing the other mug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mugs are bright and festive! They make me smile. Saying a prayer that you feel much better today. Don’t push yourself too hard. Those cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookies are so cute and looks so good. The mug is perfect....love Snoopy. Have a good Friday and upcoming weekend. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious little mug Kathy...I love your idea of using all your Christmas mugs during the season....and honey,,,,that hamburger is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better today! Love the holiday cups....they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mug is adorable. I hope you are feeling better really soon, Kathy. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mug!! So sorry you aren't feeling well. It's such a busy time of year. I've been trying to get decorations out all week....still not finished so the tubs/boxes are still in the way, sigh. Are decorations necessary? No, but I love this holiday so much... love the lights and all. Please take care, keep resting when you need to ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again, Kathy! I hope you are feeling better soon. Those gingerbread cookies are SO CUTE! Your dinner of burger and fries is one of my favorites. Hope you have a great weekend and accomplish all you want too. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.