Tuesday, December 10, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 8 -- THE CHRISTMAS CAFE


It is coming quickly friends.  Two weeks from today is Christmas Eve.  And I haven't even begun to decorate the way I usually do.  Ah, well, Christmas will be here whether I am fully decorated or not.

Today was another day where nothing got done.  I must force myself to be productive tomorrow.

Tomorrow afternoon I go to see the new gastroenterologist.  I hope he has some answers for me that don't involve surgery.  I don't want to go through that again.  Ever.

Sunday was the Second Sunday of Advent.  My friends Debbie and Rusty did the reading and lit the Advent candles.




I hurried home after church because I had a visitor coming -- my sister, Elaine.  She had only a couple of hours to spend with me, but it was so nice to get together.  We sat in the kitchen and talked while I made gingerbread for the Christmas Café we were having at church that night.  It turned out good, but I think I will add more ginger next time.

But let me tell you about the Christmas Café we had at church.  This is the 13th year we have done this.  It is always a lot of fun.  Unfortunately not a lot of people came this year.  But it was still a wonderful time.  

There was lots of good food.  You can see my gingerbread on the right.




Each table had two little trees, a candle, and a cup of Christmas M&Ms.



Here's Joe and Rick.  You can see Joe is enjoying it.


Everyone really enjoyed themselves talking and eating.


We had special music by a young lady named Selena, a friend of Rick's.  She was very good.







After her performance she joined Carolyn and they played as we sang Christmas carols for about half an hour.  So much fun.


It was one of the nicest cafes I have been too.

After it was over, Joe, Rick and I drove down Greeby Street to see the lights.  We were told it wouldn't be as big as in previous years and it wasn't.  But it was still great.  I was driving so didn't take any pictures.  We will go back later and walk the block so I can get the photos I want.

TODAY'S MUG:

This is one of the mugs I got for us for St. Nicholas Day a couple of years ago.  It is such a pretty red and I love the gold handle.  It's hard to read on the picture but it says "Warm & Cozy."  That's what we all want on these cold nights, isn't it?  I still remember when I got the two mugs.  I didn't know what to do for St. Nicholas Day.  I was in Target's checkout line when I saw all of these mugs on a shelf by the register.  They were just perfect, so I got them.

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

For dinner tonight I had breaded fried flounder, mixed vegetables and we finished up the sweet potato gnocchi.  Everything was good except I overcooked the gnocchi.  Oh well.

And with that, I am going to get to bed.  I'm very tired and it's a big day tomorrow.

Until later...

Kathy







9 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy, It is fun, as always to hear about your day. I love the idea of the Christmas Cafe. It is always fun to get together and fellowship with others. Hope you get the answers you need from the new doctor so you can feel better. I will look forward to pictures of Greeby Street. So nice you got to visit with your sister, even if only for a short time. Have a good day and I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas Café looks lovely! It's too bad more didn't come out to enjoy it. It looks like they missed a very nice time. I've never heard of sweet potato gnocchi. What do you put on it? I hope your new doctor has answers for you. We recently changed our primary care doctor and are wishing we'd done it sooner as he's great and is more on the ball than our previous one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't put anything on the gnocchi. I got it from Trader Joe's and it came frozen with the sauce in it. It was a butter and sage sauce.

      Delete
  3. The Cafe looks like all had a great time. I love Joe's shirt! Praying that the new doctor has answers & options for you. So lovely of Elaine to come & visit. Even a short time can be special. I love red so i can see why you like the mug. Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Cafe looked so good and glad you enjoyed it. Hope you rested good last night and will feel like doing the things you need to do today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I hope you are feeling better really soon. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to help you feel better. The Cafe sounds wonderful. Don't overdo things. What doesn't get done, doesn't get done. It will still be a wonderful Christmas. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.
    p.s. I like your red mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas Cafe is a great idea and sounds like lots of fun! How lovely to have a violinist perform and also to sing carols together!

    Praying for you as you see a new doctor today . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to have a visit with your sister and wonderful to gather for fellowship at The Christmas Cafe. To have a violinist join you was such a blessing. I enjoyed listening to both of the clips. Saying a prayer for your doctor visit today. New things happening all the time these days so praying for answers that don’t involve surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The church looks very pretty....how lovely the Cafe event was! We had family read the second advent on Sunday. Love the mug!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.