Wednesday, December 4, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 4 -- CHRISTMAS MOVIES I MUST SEE THIS SEASON


Hello, friends!  I hope you had a wonderful day today.  It was sort of low key for me.  I slept... and slept.  I woke up around 9:00 a.m., got breakfast, dressed, etc.  Then I fell asleep again and slept until about 1:00 p.m.  I only got up then because I got sick and had to rush to the bathroom.  What a wasted day.  Well, I guess not necessarily wasted because I must have needed that sleep!  But I sure didn't get accomplished what I had planned.

So instead of showing you my awesome decorations (which never got put up) I thought I would talk to you about Christmas movies.  I watch lots of Christmas movies.  Mostly Hallmark, but I have discovered UP has a lot of good ones too.  I think I have watched about 60 or 70 movies since October when they began to be shown.

But of course there are some classics which bear watching over and over.  The favorite one that Joe and I watch each year is "It's a Wonderful Life."  

Image result for it's a wonderful life

What a great movie.  Even though by now I can almost recite the movie with the actors, I still watch it, waiting for my favorite scenes to come on.  When I worked in the library we all had a favorite line which we laughed at every year.  "Mary never married, George.  She's at the library.  She's a... LIBRARIAN!!!"  Ha, ha, ha!  We all laughed and said that was a fate worse than death -- to be an unmarried librarian.  Such a good movie.  They don't make them like that anymore.

Another one we like is "A Christmas Story."  

Image result for a christmas story

It is played on a loupe for 24 hours here.  We usually watch it at my sister's house.  Our favorite scene there is when Ralphie asks Santa for a BB gun and Santa says, "Kid, you'll shoot your eye out" and pushes him down the slide.  The other scene we really like is the end when they are in the Chinese restaurant.  But all of that movie is good.

Next weekend is our Second Saturday Matinee at church and we are going to show "The Nativity Story."  

Image result for the nativity story

While the wise men part isn't historically accurate, the rest is very good.  When I watched it, I came to realize just what it meant for the Son of God to lower Himself to be a little helpless baby.  So I am looking forward to seeing it again.

There are other good classic Christmas movies.  "White Christmas,"  "Meet Me in St. Louis," and "Miracle on 34th Street."  All worth watching.

What about you?  What's your favorite Christmas movie?

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Joe wanted pizza, so that's what we had for dinner tonight.  I was just as glad because making dinner after Bible Study is not my favorite thing to do.  Tomorrow I must cook dinner.


And now I am going to go get ready for bed and see if I can work some on the blanket I am making for my sister-in-law for Christmas.  I had it almost done and ran out of yarn.  So I am ripping most of it out and adding a different color stripe.  (sigh)  I hope I have time to finish it.  I think I will.

See you tomorrow.

Kathy









6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I love your cute Christmas Tree sweater. We also love Christmas movies - It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story top the list. We also love all the old Scrooge movies as well as the new ones. Hope you are feeling better. Pizza for dinner sounds just great. See again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to sleep more today too, even though I was at work. I over my virus and now need more sleep. Last test on my thyroid showed it went down so am going to get in touch with my dr. Am taking 1/2 of a pill plus one pill two days a week, then just one pill...thyroid RX! No fun. I hope you feel better soon. We had left overs from thanksgiving tonight with carrots. Easier to cook and not prep stuff today as it's been a slow week for me. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like those classic movies. We are into cartoons so our favorite is "The Year without a Santa Claus" (with the Heat/Cold Miser Brothers!),Frosty the Snowman" etc. Both of us love the Scrooge movies,tops being the one with Alistair Simms & the other the one with Albert Finney. Also my cute go-to movie? Santa Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you must have needed the rest. I have watched a few Christmas movies as well. You have named two of my favorites. You’d be shocked to know that “The Nativity Story” is not among them. Such a compelling story told in such an uncompelling way and it started off so well. It’s one of my pet peeves. Now if it had been told on, say, the level of The Passion of Christ, it would have been much improved. Not that you needed my 2¢. 😏

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your body might be telling you that you need to slow down. Take care of yourself. I love the Christmas movies too. I'm so sorry you had to rip out most of your blanket. Maybe if it happens again, just add rows of a new color to both ends of the blanket? Just a thought. Good luck with the blanket. You have a wonderful day, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lover of Christmas movies here! I'll add Elf, The Preacher's Wife, A Dog named Christmas (Hallmark movie)....I'm watching a Hallmark movie as I write this!
    Hope you are felling better, Kathy. Please take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.