Saturday, November 30, 2019

DECORATING THE CHURCH FOR CHRISTMAS



And another month is gone.  Just one more in this tired old year.  But what a month it will be.  So much to do!  I really have to get it together and get things going here.  A new month will hopefully bring new energy.

This afternoon I went to church to help decorate for Christmas.  We are supposed to have an ice storm tomorrow and I'm not sure we will be able to get there so I made sure I had the bulletins done and took them over there.  Because I was working on them, I got there late.  The Christmas tree was up and a lot of the decorations were out.  Carolyn was working on the windows.  I did the back table that you see when you come into the sanctuary.  About five years ago I bought this beautiful embroidered Christmas table runner at Reading China and Glass in Lancaster.  I donated it to the church and we use it each year on that table.

I took all the fall decorations off of both bulletin boards.  I have other things to put up tomorrow.  I have to print them out and cut them out tonight and then get to church early to put the boards together.

I took only four pictures today.  I will take more tomorrow and show you them next week.  But here's what I have today.


Carolyn did the windows.  So pretty!


The pulpit and communion table.


The creche is on top of the baptistry along with some poinsettias/


This beautiful banner is on the wall behind the pulpit.  We had quite a time trying to decide how to hang it.

I bought two new books for my Kindle today.  One is Dickens' A Christmas Carol and the other is an advent devotional by James Merritt titled The 25 Days of Christmas:  A Family Devotional to Help You Celebrate Jesus.  So I'm all set with my Christmas reading.  Well, I have tons of Christmas books that I'm going to dive into.

I guess you can consider this the unofficial beginning of Blogmas.  But there's lots more to show you in the coming weeks.  Hope you will be coming back to join me.  Have a nice night everyone.

Kathy


9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. There are so many neat historic churches in historic Philadelphia, I am trying to picture which one you might go to. I spent an entire summer living at the Ronald McDonald House in downtown Philly two years ago when my grandson was going treated for cancer at CHOP. I really did fall in love with Philadelphia. Stay safe and warm in that coming ice storm. We had quite a snow storm yesterday, but today it was sunny but very cold. Another storm coming Monday or so says the TV news weatherman. Have a good Sunday and I will be back to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deb. Thanks for stopping by. I attend the Wissinoming Bible Fellowship Church in the Northeast section of Philly. It is a very small but very loving fellowship. I love Philly too. I have lived here all my life and wouldn't want to be any place else.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely! The church is looking festive and lovely. I remember the days when churches never decorated for Christmas. I am glad that so many do now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up with the church always decorated for Christmas. My current pastor brought Christmas decorations with him from his previous church. He has three sets which he rotates. Each one is so pretty. I looked back to the two previous years he has been here to see the others. It's good to keep a blog.

      Delete
  3. All of the decorations you have up so far are beautiful. Hope the storm stays away. God bless you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All is beautiful! Everyone did such a great job. I'm fighting a cold so it's great having Russ home to help.Our house is decorated! I'm just waiting for a shower curtain I ordered for the bathroom. Love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your church is looking really nice. Your decorations are so beautiful. It's so nice to see a community church where everyone gets involved. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The decorations are wonderful! I especially love the banner.
    We have ice on the trees but the roads are ok as far as I know. Hope all is well in Philadelphia too!
    God bless your Sunday afternoon, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the bad weather stays away! Your church decor is looking really beautiful. Sure sets the spirit of the season to see all the decorations. It's great that you get to help do that. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.