Sunday, October 7, 2018

SUNDAY MAGAZINE


"This is the day that the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24.

It's another beautiful fall day here in Philadelphia.  And it looks a lot like this picture.  Gray skies, rain predicted, and a high of 84*F (29*C).  I am so enjoying these warm temperatures.  All good things must come to an end, though.  The end of the warm weather for this year ends with this week.  By next week it will be in the 60s and then go down from there.  Well, it is the end of the year and winter is on its way.  It was good to have warm temperatures this long.  (And my temperature blanket is very pink!)

Today I will show you another front door from the latest magazine I am getting rid of.  This is the October 2016 issue of HGTV.



It's a nice bright fall orange.  I rather like it with the white walls.  And I really like the doormat.  I don't know that it would look good with the brick walls on my house though.  The chair is nice too.  But a chair that nice at the front of my house would get stolen.  Do you like the color?  How about the circle in the middle of the door?  (That's sort of strange to me.)

If you don't care for that door, here are some others from that issue.


Are you a blue fan?  How about the white and blue pumpkins decorating the entry?  Do you like the stripes on the rug?  Although I love blue, this entryway is just not for me.


How about purple?  Is this a door for royalty?  I like the color, but I'm not sure about it for a door.  I do love the plants and pumpkins along the walkway though.  And having the house number on the pumpkin on the stool is very clever.


Here's another orange, but there is more red in it than the first one.  I rather like this door.  I think the square wreath is unique.  I like the straw bales and the lanterns and the plants along the walkway.  The sconces on the wall are interesting.  I wouldn't leave a pillow outside my front door though.  That's strange.

So what do you think?  Do you have a favorite?  Leave a comment and let me know.

Hope you enjoy your Sunday.

Kathy



13 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of a colorful front door. I like them all but if I had to chose a favorite I'd chose the blue one. It's amazing how different the look is just because of the shade of the door. At our last house I painted our front door a deep red color. Now we live in a parsonage, we don't own it so, it's now a boring white.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Door 1 is my favorite, I like how the circle makes it really unique & it's UT orange.
    I've been wanting to paint my front door, give it a pop of color but hubby thinks doors should be white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I love seeing doors painted pretty colors. I would not use any of those colors myself. We have a brown door. I have often thought that a dark barn red would work with our tan house / brown trim. Agua would also be a good choice. My daughter did a pale yellow door with her blue house/white trim. Blessings for a fun day. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the blue door is my favorite, Kathy. I am not crazy about the circle of wood on the first door. Painting a front door can make a huge difference in the appearance of the house itself.
    Hope and Joe have a blessed Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them all, but the purple door is my fav., although I wouldnt paint my front door purple...lol It just looks fallish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of like the orange and red ones. The blue is okay. The purple might look right on some homes. Aren’t I decisive?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first door. Though I love purples, the purple door is not one I would have as my welcome. You didn't tell us which one you like best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each one has something I like about it but my favorite is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blue! We have darker blue doors and I love it. I've used red, white and blue accents, green and white, all white, yellow, golds...I'm amazed at all the colors that look good with our blue doors. It's been a fun four years :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish it looked like that here in California.. its hot, dry...and we still havent had any rain. Oh how I miss my Welsh Rain... but Im not complaining as Im happy to be where the Lord wants me to be.
    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
    Phoebe x
    p.s... Im a blue girl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really always wanted a blue door but I’m not a fan of those blue pumpkins ,lol that’s just wrong lol,, have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all the colored doors, but I don't like the big circle on the first door. Orange is my favorite color, but that big circle turns me off. I love the Fall scene in your opening picture. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see how each door may have it's appeal. Not a big purple fan for a door. I rather like the first one.I gave it a quick look at first & the circle looked like a plate with the door handle as an eating utensil.Guess I'm just food oriented?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.