Tuesday, October 16, 2018

RECIPE -- SWANSON GOLDEN CHICKEN & AUTUMN VEGETABLES


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Hope this week has been good to you.  Today I want to share the recipe I made earlier this week.  I found it in an old Martha Stewart Living magazine.  I looked at it and knew I had all the ingredients in the house.  Besides, it is a one-pot recipe.  So easy.  I thought I would give it a try.

This was delicious!  The only thing I didn't have in the house was the green beans.  I thought I had some, but couldn't find any.  So I used frozen brussels sprouts instead.  I like them better than green beans anyway.  They turned out delicious and I think I will use them again the next time I make this recipe.  (Probably later this week!)  I also used chicken thighs instead of breasts and left the skin on which I browned before adding the broth.  This was so good that I wanted to share it with you.  I will also put it on my recipe blog so that I don't lose it.

GOLDEN CHICKEN & AUTUMN VEGETABLES

Prep time:  5 minutes     Cook time:  30 minutes
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves, skin removed
1 cup Swanson chicken broth
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 large sweet potato, cut up
1 cup fresh or frozen whole green beans

COOK chicken in nonstick skillet until browned.

ADD broth, parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic, potato and beans.  Heat to a boil.  Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until done.  Serves 4.

We ate our meal without me giving a thought to taking a picture of it, so I took a picture of the page in the magazine so you can see what it looks like.



If you give it a try, please let me know if you like it.  And now I have to get off of here to make tonight's dinner -- fried eggplant.  Hope you all have a relaxing evening.

Kathy



3 comments:

  1. That recipe looks and sounds good, indeed! I rarely have sweet potatoes in the house but bet a regular white potato would work just as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the herbs that really make this work. I think a regular white potato would work just fine.

      Delete
  2. That looks lik an easy and delicious recipe, Kathy, but I'll have to wait awhile until trying it as we're on the South Beach Phase 1 plan and there's no potatoes allowed, or pastas, or grains (sigh).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.