Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WEDNESDAY MEDLEY QUESTIONS


Good morning everyone!  Hope you are all having an awesome Wednesday.  I am joining Terri D. again today and answering her Wednesday Medley questions.  Click on the link to go to her page.  Hope you enjoy them.




On this day theme...


1.  On this day in 1908, Billy Murray hits the charts with his "Take Me Out to The Ball Game".  Did you watch the MLB playoffs, and are you watching the World Series?

Although I am a baseball fan and have been to many games, for some reason I did not get into it this year.  Too much else going on, I guess.  So I haven't watched the playoffs or plan to watch the World Series.  Well, maybe the World Series if I can find it on TV.  We do not get the sports channels so unless it is on regular broadcast TV, we don't see it.

2.  On this day in 1962, "The Manchurian Candidate" directed by John Frankenheimer, starring Frank Sinatra and Laurence Harvey, was released.  What is your favorite Frank Sinatra song?

I have never been a Sinatra fan.  He was more my mom's generation than mine.  She loved "Franky" as she called him.  He has some good songs like "My Way" and "New York, New York" but I don't think I have a favorite.

3.  On this day in 1968, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithful were busted for pot and released on 50 British pounds bail.  Has your state approved the sale of medical marijuana?  In a nutshell, what are your thoughts on the subject?

Yes, Pennsylvania has approved medical marijuana.  My thoughts are that all things can be used for good or evil.  If marijuana is used for a good cause, i.e. helping the sick, then it is OK.  I had a friend who just recently passed away that used it for the intense pain he was in from his disease.  In that case it was a good use.  If it is used for recreational uses -- well, I have a problem with that.  I know of people who were hurt or killed by people who were driving while smoking weed.  And a guy I used to date got onto hard drugs because the marijuana didn't give him a big enough high.  Of course that was years before I ever met him.  He was completely off of everything when I knew him.

4.  On this day in 1979, the Guinness Book of Records presented Paul McCartney with a rhodium disc as the all-time best-selling singer-songwriter.  What is your favorite song by Paul McCartney?

I know lots of Beatles songs but don't know which are his.  I know some Wings songs, but none that I would consider a "favorite."  I have problems with a lot of the lyrics.  As a teenager I didn't mainly because I didn't understand them or what they meant.

5.  On this day in 2017, Albert Einstein's "Theory of Happiness" written on a note as a tip for a bellboy in 1922, sold for $1.6 million.  His Theory of Happiness is:  "A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness."  Was Einstein right?

I think he was.  What good is pursuing success if you have no peace and happiness within yourself?

6.  Tell us something random about your week so far...

Time just seems to fly by me.  So much I want (and need) to do doesn't get done.  But I am working hard on it and that counts for something.  Even one table cleaned off or one drawer cleaned out is one less I have to do later.  I need to stop being so hard on myself.

Thanks, Terri!  And I hope you all enjoy these answers.  See you tomorrow.

Kathy

13 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy, I know just what you mean about time flying by so fast! It's amazing how one season quickly flows into the next. I've been counting down to Christmas on my blog all year, and now Christmas movies begin this week on Hallmark! Incredible! I've even been putting Christmas lights on trees outside. If i do it now, I won't have to be out in the cold. Most people say... Oh, it's too soon, but we're are just about two months away 'til Christmas... So, yes time is flying by!!! :)

    I wish you well with your projects!
    Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is flying by....Thanksgiving is four weeks away!!
    Growing up in a Mennonite home (Dad a minister) means I know little about secular music and such from the past. I still don't listen to much secular music....if it's not sung on The Voice, I might not know it the song ;-)
    Hope you are having a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun read, Kathy. I just told someone else that Sinatra was never one of my favorites either- but I did like My Way. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and you DON'T need to be so hard on yourself! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Beattles' song is "Yesterday." As for the marijuana, I feel the same way. For legitimate medical use, I think it is great. I'm not a fan of it being a legal recreational use. We shouldn't need to take drugs to enjoy ourselves. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to use that approach to downsizing, in my case. One drawer at a time and one room at a time makes it seem more manageable. It all seems so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Red Sox and the Dodgers, eh? I do love the Red Sox, but prolly won’t be able to find a game on my limited channels.

    Good method of getting the job done. I have a problem pushing forward beyond the plates I already have spinning. Gotta run, my sheets are in the dryer and I want to have a nicely made bed to climb into tonight. Time really does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting questions...
    I always enjoy reading the answers to questions like these. We get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by today, it's always nice to meet another blogger. Frank Sinatra was more my parents era too but I do like his music but hardly every hear any of his music today. Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worked hard on getting things done over the summer. I am a teacher, so I have some time to actually spend on my home. It felt good. I had to break it all up...I am going to clean end table drawers Monday, dresser drawers Tuesday and so on. I think I actually just did one or two projects a week until I was done. You are right though...time gets away from us. Loved your answers! Happy Wednesday!'

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining in today, Kathy! I did enjoy your answers!! A couple of you 'youngsters' didn't have Sinatra or McCartney favorites! LOL... made me feel OLD! Keep working on the cleaning out and organizing! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy! I'm repaying the visit and I see we are nearly "neighbors." Well, in a very general sense. I live in PA, too, but I'm on the other side of the state in Steeler/Pirates/Penguin land (actually a little east of Pittsburgh in Latrobe). We shared some similar answers today. I hope the rest of your week is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really interesting questions. I don't really have a favorite Sinatra song but do have a McCartney one:Mull of Kintyre. You don't hear it much but I love the bagpipes (?) I think? A totally different song & I can just see the "mists rolling in from the sea".Keep up the one thing at a time! Less stressful & works!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with your answer about marijuana. It is known as a gateway drug because the user eventually needs something else to get a bigger high. It is known to cause birth defects when used by either man or woman. So, recreational use should never be legalized in my book. So glad your friend got free.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.