Monday, October 29, 2018

THIS AND THAT


Isn't this beautiful?  I wish I knew where it was.  I can just imagine myself driving down this highway and loving the beautiful scenery.  *sigh*

The trees around here are slowly turning colors.  We don't get the really bright colors for at least another two weeks.  I guess we are too far south to get a lot of color in October.

Joe had to stop at church this afternoon on our way back from the service we had at the local nursing home.  While we were there, I took some pictures to show you.

Do you remember the dogwood tree in front of our church?  I showed you a picture of it a few weeks back.



Well, look at it now.


Here are some other trees on the street.


Some of you asked me how the apple fritters turned out.  It took me awhile to actually make them because things kept happening where we had something else to eat for dinner.  But I finally made them tonight.  They turned out wonderful.  They are more like a Dutch baby than the heavy cake I've been making since I lost the recipe.  Joe said he liked them more than the other way.  And yes, the taste did bring back memories of my childhood.




And now I have to get my lesson for tomorrow typed up.  We are almost at the end of Esther.  Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Fall colors are just beautiful on the trees. The apple fritters look good to me and just be they were. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fritters really look great on your fall plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, The fritters look tasty. I love seeing all the pretty trees around everyone's homes. We do not have any sugar maple which are the best for color. I have a Japanese maple that's red and a maple that turns yellow. Most of our leaves just turn yellowish brown and fall off the trees. Bummer. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, oh those trees look so beautiful. Down here on the coast of South Carolina we don't get any kind of fall foliage. That's one of the things I miss about living back up North. Here, everything is just green and then dark brown and then gone. Thank you so much for sharing those photos. The fritters look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Fall pictures and that apple dish looks SO yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.