Sunday, October 14, 2018

SUNDAY MAGAZINE


Good morning everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful day.  I didn't sleep well last night.  Jack keeps wanting to sleep on my head!  Plus I woke up at 2:30 a.m. to realize I had never finished making the bulletins for church this morning and had never printed out my lesson for the Sunday School kids.  So between 2:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. I was writing, changing ink in the printer, printing, and falling asleep sitting up.  Needless to say I have a headache this morning and am feeling lousy.  Plus I forgot to take my heart medicine last night.  Dinner was great, but I kept falling asleep at the table and when I was finished I didn't even do dishes, just laid down and was out.  I guess I did too much yesterday, but it had to be done and I'm feeling better mentally seeing clean open spaces in the house.  I think today will be a "do nothing" day.  I'm not 27 anymore.

Although I do want to try a new recipe for dinner.  I found it in a Martha Stewart magazine I had laying around.  It is chicken and autumn vegetables and sounds good.  Plus it's made in one pan for easy clean up.  If it is good, I'll be sharing the recipe with you this week.

And speaking of magazines, here's your Sunday magazine for today.  This is from Better Homes and Gardens October 2015.


It was difficult to find a page to photograph for you since it has neither a great front nor back page.  But this seemed just right.  It is a one page article entitled "Fresh October".  I want to share some of the page with you.

MIX IT UP
Fresh herbs add flavor to your centerpiece, instead of typical filler, complete a handful of sunflowers with sage, rosemary, and dill.  A low vessel, like a serving bowl, means guests have unobstructed views.

TAKE A SHOT
Try a different angle with this year's foliage pics -- a vertical panorama.  Choose the panoramic setting on your phone's camera, rotate to vertical position, and start to shoot from the ground up.  Stand back from a gorgeous leafy tree and try it.  Just follow the arrow!

I want to try these two tips.  Hope you have a wonderful and restful Sunday.

Kathy





10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you had to get up in the middle of the night to finish some things that you needed for today. I bet you will be exhausted by the time you get home from church. I think today would be a great "movie and veg out" day.

    Love the sunflowers. Have a blessed day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you get over the headache, the dinner sounds good and the photos are lovely,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Sunday to you! I’m still in bed and here it is half past noon! Sometimes you just have to stop and let your body catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our minds want to do so much but our bodies tell us no. Headaches seem to come before or after with doing so much. Dinner sounds lovely. I like what you got to show us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure hope you get some rest and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling better, Kathy. I have also felt tired some days and what doesn't get done in one day will just have to wait until the next. Thanks for the tips. I liked the one about selecting a different angle, so true for life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The opening photo is so beautiful! The dinner sounds good,especially being one pan! Let me know how it turns out.Everybody deserves a 'do-nothing' day.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you to get up in the middle of the night to finish tasks....that would have been hard for me! Right now sinus headaches are my issue. I think it's the huge change in the weather that causes it. Hope you got time to relax and recoup.
    The picture is lovely.....I've used more white pumpkins this year than I ever have. The recipe sounds nice, one pan is always good!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that opening picture. Such beautiful colors! Sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night to do something that I forgot to do. Then it takes two days to catch up on my sleep. I love one pot meals. It gives me more time to enjoy my crocheting! hahaha. I hope you and Joe are feeling better now. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope that Monday has found you feeling much better! Oh I hate waking up to not having done something important. Hope that that doesn’t happen again. 😳

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.