Thursday, October 4, 2018

A BUSY DAY


Good morning everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful day.  Yesterday was so busy for me and today will be too.  Tomorrow looks busy also.  I am hoping to have a simple and easy weekend.

Yesterday Joe had a doctor's appointment at the V.A. Hospital so we headed there mid-morning.  I was surprised we got there so quickly.  The traffic was very light and we traveled the 12 miles from our house to the hospital in 20 minutes.

Joe had the fastest appointment in history there.  I had barely opened my book when he was back in the waiting room saying, "Let's go."  Then we went to another department where he had to check in.  Finally he went to another room where he got his flu shot.

We finally left there and decided to go get lunch at our favorite Japanese restaurant where we went for our anniversary.  It was a little after noon and the traffic still wasn't bad.  We traveled the 20 miles in about 30 minutes.

I mentioned to Joe what a large city Philly is that we can drive 20 miles and we are still in the city.  And we didn't even get to the outskirts of it.  I looked it up and Philadelphia is 142 square miles and has a population of 1.5 million people.

We had a really good lunch at Yamoto.  We had gyoza again and each got yaki soba -- Joe got beef and I got vegetable.

This time I took a picture of the gyoza.



They are so good.  I could make an entire meal of them.  Joe loves them too.



Our yaki soba was delicious!





After we ate, we went a couple of doors down and Joe got his hair cut.  Then we went to Jefferson Torresdale Hospital where Joe visited an acquaintance who was in the hospital and I went to the cancer center to get two more referrals.  I messed up and they ran out before I got the tests.  The people in the center are so nice and are getting me all set up again to take them.

By this time I was hurting big time.  My legs are in bad shape.  So we headed home.  When I got here I took off my shoes and put my swollen legs up.  Actually, I laid down on the sofa and fell asleep.  When I woke up I felt so much better.  We were so full from lunch, though, that we didn't eat dinner -- just had a snack.

Today I am meeting my friend Donna and we are going to East Coast Wings for lunch.  It seems as if all I do is eat!  Donna and I try to get together at least every six weeks for lunch.

Tomorrow is Crafters at church.  Pastor sent me a couple of emails yesterday so I know there is work waiting for me there as well as just going to work on my crafting project.  Well, it is my job.

As I said, hopefully Saturday I can just relax.  I want to get out in the yard and do some weeding.  It is all so overgrown and I want to get it ready for winter.  Although we are still having 80*F to 85*F (26*C to 30*C) weather here.  Better to do the work in this weather than when it is cold.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today.  I have to get ready to go out.

Kathy



9 comments:

  1. Joe looks GOOD! It seems like the worst is behind him finally?? I am glad you were able to have a great lunch together and get to have lunch with a girlfriend today. I am sorry you are having problems with your legs and hope it is not something that bothers you all the time.

    Have a great, blessed day and enjoy craft day at church. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you two look very happy about your lunch. I have never eaten such exotic things. 🙂 Take lots of pictures of craft day! Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsie, you have been busy! So good that you and Joe were able to enjoy lunch at a favorite restaurant. Wow, your temps are great! We've been having much cooler Fall temps. Here's hoping you get your quiet weekend.
    Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care and don't over do it!! You are busy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a good day and hope you will take care of yourself....rest when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Japanese meal looks delicious; my friends and I sometimes meet at a Japanese restaurant and I usually choose the combination Bento box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy woman you are! The light traffic was such a blessing to you.It's great you & Joe can spend quality time together. I know how much you love your garden. Just take your time and have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing that traffic, or lack of it, was for your pleasant day! I love to eat out....because I do a lot of cooking here for 8 :) It's a treat to have someone else do it. Hope your Friday is a good one....take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.