Friday, July 22, 2011

FRIDAY VIEWS


Hooray!  I am finally on vacation as of 5 p.m. today.   What a great feeling to know I have 9 days ahead of me to relax and get myself together.  Most of the time when I am off from work it is because I am sick (or lately going to funerals).  But the next 9 days will be so good.  I just know it.  How positive is that?

I forgot to take my phone to work today.  It needs charging and I was going to do it in the car while I was driving and plumb forgot.  We keep Joe's old cell phone in the car to use in case of an emergency, so I grabbed that to take into work.  Using the work phone for personal calls is frowned upon, so we do it very seldom.  We all use our cell phones on our breaks.  I call Joe during the day to make sure that he is OK. The car phone has a camera, which my phone does not.  I started playing around with it and figured out how to send pictures Joe had taken with it to myself.

First I took a picture of Diane and Marquita in the workroom and sent it to my email.

Hmm.  This is looking pretty good.  Maybe I can send myself the pictures from the Farm Days last October.  I wanted copies of them anyway.  Let's see...  Maybe a couple of the baby goat with the big straw goat?




How about the turkey?

This is good.  What about the two calves that slobbered all over me and tried to eat my sleeve?




Yes, they all turned out really well.  This phone could come in very useful.  I'll be downloading some more of the pictures real soon.

Had my friends Carole and Walt over for dessert tonight.  I made a peach and apricot cobbler and used up all of both fruit.  It turned out WONDERFUL!  Everyone gobbled it up and there isn't a crumb left.  So glad I was able to use the fruit up and not throw it out like I sometimes have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.