Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lilies

The other day I was sitting watching TV and heard something drop.  When I looked over at my flowers, I noticed the lilies were dropping off and falling to the floor.  Not just a petal or two, but the whole flower.  It was very strange.  But I figured I had them almost a week, so OK.  That's about the life span for flowers.

This morning I noticed something about the buds that were still on the lily stems.


Not all of them were tightly closed anymore.


As the day went on the buds opened more and more.


By this evening I had two new lilies.  Very cool!



And they smell so good too!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I LOVE lilies! AND pink ones are just the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.