Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FOURTH OF JULY


I had a really busy day today, but got so much done.  It seems after a week of work it takes me two days to recover and then the third day I'm ready to go.  Unfortunately most times the third day is the day I return to work!

I ended up doing a load of wash, a load of dishes, cleaning the downstairs and then making a great dinner for my friends Carole and Walt who came over.

Joe is pretty sick.  He has a sore throat, is nauseous and has been running a slight fever.  On top of that he had a seizure this afternoon and had a splitting headache.  He was too sick to have dinner with us.  He did come down for about an hour later on, but he's back in bed now.

I made a great dinner.  Everyone loved it (even the sick one).  I started out with a green salad made with things from the farm.  Then I had deviled eggs.  I was told they were better than the ones Joe usually makes.


Of course there was "Kathy's World Famous Potato Salad."

And for the main dish I had barbecued chicken.  Yum, yum!

For dessert I made a buttermilk crumb cake.  I put peaches and blueberries from the farm in the batter.  It was wonderful!

As the day ended there was a beautiful sunset.




And at night there was fireworks that I could see from my front steps.  My camera has a fireworks setting so I tried to take some pictures.  Most of them didn't turn out.  Here are the couple that are so-so.



All in all it's been a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Dinner looked delicious! Sorry to hear Joe isn't feeling well. Hope he feels better soon.
    Thank you for sharing the sunset/fireworks photos. They are beautiful! Glad to hear you had a happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Joe did not feel well for the celebration. Hope he is feeling better today.

    Your meal looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by my blog, Kathy! Your meal sounds scrumptious :-) I love all your flower pictures, too! Hope Joe feels better soon. Isn't it wonderful to find another sister in Christ online? I loved growing up in a big family - it's one of my greatest blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Joe is sick. Tell him I hope he gets better soon. There is a nasty bug going around. My niece's 2 children have had it for 2 weeks now and your poor sister has also. Hope you stay healthy. Glad you had a nice 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.