Wednesday, July 27, 2011


Sorry I didn't get anything posted yesterday, but I was just TOO TIRED!  Here is where we were.

Ocean City, New Jersey.  Look how crowded the beach was.  I am used to being there either before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.  It is not crowded then.  We even saw people parasailing!

It was hot.  Very, very hot.  I was so glad a lot of the stores were air conditioned.  We kept going in places just to get cool.

I had slathered myself in sunscreen to avoid getting burned.  After the sun poisoning last year I was not taking another chance.  But I had forgotten a hat, so I went into a store and bought an OC hat to wear.  It was so much better with the sun not beating on my head.

My brother Henry met Elaine and I to spend the day with us.

We had lunch at Primavera's and then went to Jilly's Arcade and spent a long time playing pinball and skee ball.  The "Lord of the Rings" game in back of Henry and Elaine is the one they challenged each other on.  Elaine got around 27 million points (I think), but Henry got over 83 million points!  I never saw someone use one ball for 20 minutes before.  He is good!  Elaine is good on skee ball though.  Over 250 points.  I, on the other hand, stunk at everything.  I only got 70 points on skee ball and couldn't keep that ball rolling on the pinball for anything.  But I still had a lot of fun.  We were there for an hour and a half and between the three of us spent only $5.

We walked the boards, went into some stores, and got some Polish Water Ice.  It is completely different than Italian Water Ice.  So much better.  Yum, yum!  They both had root beer and I had mango.  The best water ice I have ever had.

My family is always teasing me about being the shortest one in the family.  So they were saying I needed a box to stand on to get in the same picture frame as Henry.  I said, "I'll just stand on a bench."  And I did.  We were laughing so hard.  What a great day we had.

At the end of the day Elaine said she had to go into the ocean at least once.  We didn't have beach tags, but it was 5:20 p.m. and the beach is free after 5:30 p.m. so we just walked on.  Who was going to stop us for 10 minutes.  I stayed with the packages and Elaine and Henry went down to the water.

Then they came back and I went down to the water.  Even though the day was hot, the water was still cool.  I got only my feet wet.  Elaine and Henry had the water over their knees.  I can't swim so I'm a chicken when it comes to going in the water.

When we got back onto the boardwalk we bought a Mack and Manco pizza to take home for dinner and headed out.  It was hard to see our day end.  We have not seen my brother since my wedding five years ago.  It was hard to say goodbye.  But it was 6:00 p.m. and it was an hour and a half drive for me.  We will have to get together more often than every five years.  We had a wonderful day.


  1. Love the picof Elaine and Henery. Glad you could meet up with him and you had a goodtime. Henry llok s more and more like your dad every day.

  2. What a wonderful day! I am so happy for you that you got to have time with your brother and sister. What is a beach tag? Is it to show that you paid for parking?? I forgot all about that. We had to pay in Florida too.

  3. It is to allow you onto the beach. Some beaches you have to pay to get onto.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.