Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SISTERS' WEEK -- DAY 4 (WEDNESDAY)

This was the down day of our vacation.  My sister Elaine left this morning to spend the day with her best friend Donna who lives nearby.  She is staying overnight there and will leave to go home tomorrow morning.  Then I will be going to her house tomorrow afternoon.

It finally cooled down today.  The cooler air was just beautiful.  We opened the windows in the house and let the fresh air in.  Eating breakfast at the kitchen table with the windows open and the air blowing in was just wonderful!

This was a day for me to spend with my beloved husband Joe.  We really didn't know what we were going to do.  I had won a $3 off coupon for a movie ticket at the AMC Loews theater in Cherry Hill from eating m&ms.  Love that candy!  So that's where we decided to go.


Google image
We thought the theater was in the Cherry Hill Mall and headed over there.  But it wasn't.  It was about a half a mile away down Route 38.  We kept asking people where it was and getting all different answers.  Finally I pulled into a parking lot and Joe pulled out the GPS and found it.  It isn't hard to get to once you know where it is.  The theater was beautiful.  Obviously we had never been there before.  It had stadium seating, so there wasn't a bad seat in the house.  It cost us $15 to get in and $20 for two small popcorns, a small soda and a bottle of water.  They really have you at those concession stands.

We saw the movie "Zookeeper".  It was funny.  I think Joe liked it more than I did, but I did like it.  We almost never go to movies.  I think in the five years we've been married this is the third time we've gone.

We were going to go out to dinner, but neither of us was hungry and we had just spent all of that money, so we ended up just going home and having left overs.  It was nice to have a day to just relax.

Since I will be at my sister's house and not have my computer, I will have to wait until I get back this weekend to post again.  But I will catch up.

4 comments:

  1. What a great vacation you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! yikes..20 bucks on popcorn and 2 drinks...doesn't that just stink?! I'm going to go back and read about your sisters week..I have got some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to tell you that I am really liking the photo of the movie theater. You know why???? Because it looks very vintage. It looks like a photo that was taken back in the 60's or 70's. I am guessing it was taken with a cell phone. Did you know that there are people who are into taking photos with cell phones as an art..instead of using expensive quality cameras. I have run across a couple people like that on the internet. Also, people who like to take photos with an old Polaroid...kinda interesting. Anyhow, that's what I thought of when I saw you pic of the theater and just wanted to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may look vintage outside, but actually it is super modern inside. Everything is computerized. Everything! I didn't think to take a picture, so the picture is off of the internet. Guess I should have given google credit so I will go back and correct that. I did not know about cell phone photo art. That is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.