Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BACK TO LIFE AS I KNOW IT

I'm sitting here looking at my beautiful flowers and thinking how strange and stressful the last few days have been.  Everything I expected didn't happen.  Things I thought would never happen did.  And the stress of worrying about things has really done a number on my emotions.  I don't know how Joe has put up with me.

It was back to work today.  At first I was quiet because I wasn't sure how people were going to react to me taking off the day at the last minute.  But everyone was fine.  So I worried about nothing.

My co-worker Diane was offered a promotion today.  It would mean she would be leaving to go to the Parkway Central building (the main library).  She is undecided what to do and told Human Resources she would let them know by Thursday.  If she leaves, it would mean that I would be the only Library Assistant left except for our part-timer that comes in for 2 hours a day.  It will be interesting to find out what she decides to do.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that everything went ok at work. I have been guilty of the worry thing, I think we all have. I try to remember something I recently read: Do not worry about tomorrow, for God is already there.
    I am still a work in progress.... but hopefully getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry, a hard lesson to learn.
    Letting go and letting God, is something we all need to work on more.

    I like what Debra said about God is already there. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.