Saturday, July 2, 2011

PLANTS

I wanted to show you the purple shamrocks Debbie gave me.  While I was at it I thought I'd let you see some of the other plants in my kitchen.

Here's the shamrock.  Isn't it unusual?  I've never seen anything like it.  I love it.  I was going to leave it at work, but was afraid it would die because it is so freezing cold there.  Also with the long weekend it wouldn't get watered.  So it is happily sitting on my kitchen table along with the other happy plants.

 
Look at my African violet.  After years of not being able to grow them, let alone have them bloom, it is doing wonderful.  I am so happy.  It was doing wonderful in the living room window.  I moved it when we put the air conditioner in, and it's doing even better in the kitchen.  The plants must get the right amount of light there.


This the the third and last impatience plant from the farm.  It's a darker pink than the others.  I got it for contrast.  In fact it looks sort of purple.  Hmm.  All the plants are purple.  I wonder what that means?

3 comments:

  1. Purple means royalty. This fits as you truly are a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, Deb. You are a great friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw a purple shamrock. Thanks for showing it to us.

    My friend just gave me an African violet and I was sure that I would kill it, but it is growing really well. They say to feed them water from the bottom and put them where they get a lot of light. Yours looks like it is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.