Wednesday, April 1, 2020

WELCOME APRIL


Hello, friends!  I hope you are all well and staying safe in this scary world we are living in.  Joe and I are both fine.  We are staying safe in our home only going out to get food and medication.  Even Joe's doctor appointments have been over the phone.  It's sort of nice to not have to drive all the way to the Veteran's Hospital, sit around for an hour or so, and then drive all the way back.  His doctor called him this morning and in 10 minutes everything was done.

Here's my temperature blanket as of yesterday.  It is getting big.  It now covers from my shoulders to almost my waist.  Joe still tells me to keep working. Can I slap him now?  Ha, ha!  Instead of making a border around it this year, I am leaving the ends on the side to make a fringe.  It will be easier and I like the way it looks.


So let's look back on this past month and see what happened in March.

It began with a great time hanging out with my friend, Donna.  We had such a good time and were going to do it again this month.  Well, guess that will have to wait.  But we will do it again as soon as we can.

Then by the middle of the month the Coronavirus struck.  Our whole lives have changed.  From closures to now we are under a Shelter at Home order where we are not to go out unless it is to get food or medical help.

I really miss going to the nursing home on Mondays.  Especially today when one of the ladies, Jeane, turned 100 years young.  We were able to see her on TV having her family visit her by waving to her through the window of her room.  I can't wait to get back to seeing them and giving her a card that we are having the entire church sign for her.

I miss teaching the Ladies Bible Study too.  Can't wait to get back to that.  I guess I really should be getting my lessons ready during this down time.

I did get my first ice cream from the ice cream truck.  That was nice.  Of course, there are no ice cream trucks going around now at all.

Other than that there is not all that much going on.  I want to spend my time usefully, but it's all catching up and sleeping.  I sleep so much because of my medication.  I am seeing my doctor next week and I hope she will change it to something that I can use with fewer side effects.

Here is your calendar picture for this month.  This is a picture from a tulip farm in Holland.  It's so pretty.  I love tulips.  All of mine are up and about to bloom.  I can't wait.


I am going to end for now.  I have some other posts in the works, so you will hear from me later this week.  Be safe, everyone.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. It has sure been a crazy month. Glad you and Joe are well. Challenging times, but we will get through it. I love your temperature blanket. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you & Joe are well.Even better that you didn't have to drive to the VA hospital. I also miss Bible study & going to the animal shelter. When I first get up, I have to remind myself that I'm not going. :( This is our new normal for now. Have a pawsitive day & stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you and Joe are doing well. This will end and we will be able to get back to church, friends, etc. God has this in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, so much changed during the month of March. It's hard for the mind to keep up! So we just keep going, doing our best to adapt.

    I am glad that you and Joe are doing well! Your blanket is such a cool project! Hope you are able to get your medications adjusted when you have your doctor's appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are able to stay home too my friend. Stay safe and healthy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you ever visit the Keukenhof Gardens in Holland on You Tube? It is fabulous.

    So true that every single person on earth has had life change dramatically in the past weeks and for time to come as well. We are in the hands of God...a very good place to be.

    That blanket looks good. Now why does Joe say that? Is it because it keeps you busy and he knows where you are? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see that you are both doing good. Stay safe and have a wonderful dayk, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time on your blog. I've come over from Tales of the TCKK Family. I love the colors of your blanket! Those are the same colors as my living room. I'm in Seattle and we're under a stay-at-home mandate as well. I work at our church and we closed our doors on March 10 so I've been home since then. I look forward to reading more about your world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I with you on catching up on sleep! I told Tom that when we are out of this, I'm going to so "BEAUTIFUL", from all my beauty sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.