Friday, April 10, 2020

GOOD FRIDAY




Hello, friends!  It seemed so strange today to not be going to a Good Friday service.  But we still spent the day remembering the great sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  The picture above was on my coloring page this morning.  I loved it and decided to save it.

I began my day with some energy and made a dozen blueberry muffins.  I haven't had any yet, but Joe did and he said they were good.

I got my dishes done and Joe and I put out the trash for pickup tomorrow.  And that is where my energy gave out.  But I always say if I get something done, it is better than getting nothing done.

This afternoon we watched the meditation for Good Friday from my sister's church and then tonight we saw a Tenebrae service from our sister church in Wallingford, PA.  I had never seen one before and it was so beautiful.  If the Lord tarries and we have another Good Friday, I would love to do it at our church.

This is a sad day for me remembering the suffering of our Lord, but I know the joy of Easter is just a few days away.

My Pastor put up a message for Good Friday and I will link it up here for anyone who would like to listen to it.


And now I will try to do a few more things before it is time for me to go to bed.  I'll be back later.

Kathy












6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely post about the real reason for this Holy Week, Good Friday and Easter. God bless you as you celebrate Easter from home. I will listen to your pastor's message tomorrow. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful message. Thank you for posting it. I agree.It is about the Lamb.Glad you got some things done. I think it helps lift your spirits! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good Saturday but especialy a good Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a different year for sure. As sick of it as I am, we are still determined to stay well. That means continuing distance, sigh. God Bless you and Joe and give you a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter. Have a Blessed day, hugs Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The meditation was good to watch. Thanks! It's a nice day out again so another day to walk and enjoying outdoors. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.