Friday, April 24, 2020

THIS AND THAT


It's the end of another week.  The sixth one in our shut-down.  Our governor says that because Philly and the surrounding counties have the most cases of COVID-19 that we will be the last in the state to open.  Maybe as late as September.  I hope it will be earlier since I would like to celebrate my sister's birthday with her in July and Joe and I want to get at least one day down the shore.

I haven't posted my pastor's message from last Sunday, so I will put it here.  I didn't get to church because I wasn't feeling well, so Pastor's wife, Carolyn, filmed it.


My headaches have continued.  Yesterday it began at 9:00 a.m. and lasted until 10:00 p.m.  Some parts of the day are worse than others.  I am nauseous with it and feel as if my head is splitting in half.  Since the doctor's office was closed, I decided to call the pharmacy.  The pharmacist said it did not sound like a reaction to the new medication and thinks I came off of the old one too quickly.  In other words, I am having withdrawal symptoms.  Oh my!  I called my doctor this morning and left a message but she hasn't called back.  The headache was somewhat better today, but still there.  And still feeling too sick to eat.  (Maybe I will lose the weight I gained by staying home!)  It finally let up around 7:00 p.m. and I was able to make and eat dinner.  The first decent meal I made Joe this week.  But now I know I will have another headache tomorrow.  Hopefully each day will get less until I am free of them for good.  The new medication is doing a good job of bringing down my blood pressure, but at what a cost!

I have been watching one episode a day of "Call the Midwife" and "When Calls the Heart" on Netflix.  Even though I've seen them all before, I enjoy them as if it was the first time.  I also watch the original "Star Trek" but not every day. I'm such a fan that some of the episodes I can say the line before they do.  I have the scripts memorized.

I also started reading the book of Genesis in the Bible.  Yesterday I was reading about Noah.  I thought to myself that he and his family were in the ultimate shut-down.  And they were locked into the ark for over a year!  I sure hope our shelter in place doesn't last that long.

I have been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting.  I hope to do a post about that next week.  I ordered new knitting needles and some yarn from Amazon.  It is supposed to show up on Sunday and then I will start yet another new project.  I have three going on now.

So what have you been doing to pass the time?  How locked down are you?  Pretty much everything is closed here.

Another thing I did yesterday was cut my hair.  Short.  Very short.  It was half-way down my back and way past my shoulders in the front.  It kept getting in my eyes, my mouth, etc. and bothering me.  And then when the headaches began, the weight of my hair made me feel worse.  So I began with a little bit.  Then more.  And more.  I ended up really butchering it.  I have cut my hair before and it looked fine.  This time not so much.  I do not have a picture of me because I look awful.  I figure in about three or four weeks I will look much better.  My hair grows fast so by the end of the year it will be where I wanted it when I began to cut it.  Yes, about six to nine months to grow back.  But the good thing is hair does grow.

And now that I've rambled on about a lot of things and it is getting late, I'm going to end.  I want to get up fairly early tomorrow and get some things done before the headache starts.  One thing I must do is cut the grass.  Or should I say violets since that is what is growing out there.  Maybe I will have enough energy to work some on the patio too.

Have a good evening everyone.

Kathy








14 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the headaches Kathy. As for opening our county back up - we will be much later too. Sigh. I’ve lost my knitting mojo but hoping a small break will bring it back. I do hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the headaches are still there. The nausea can make it worse. I'll keep you in prayer.I love the photo at the top of your blog! I can just picture myself curled up with a good book,cup of hot tea & listening to the birds...
    I too hope we will open sooner.I think it's working on everyone's nerves. The shutdown has made me aware of what I've taken for granted. Fast food is drive-thru only (I've no car),waiting just to get into the supermarket,and walking to get the bus closest to run my errands. My usual bus is suspended. I am grateful that there still IS a bus I can take!
    To pass time,I'm currently reading Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense & watchingthe old westerns. Like Bat Masterson,Wagon Train etc.Kinda neat seeing the guest stars from way bacK! Now I'm the one rambleing.
    The sun's out & I gotta go to Dollar General. Have a beautiful day! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope your headaches go away. I agree about the hair, and I cut mine a little yesterday. My bangs were too long but I trimmed a little on top and the sides too. We love When Calls the heart! I would love to see some of the old shows! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. I am so sorry you are struggling with headaches so. I do hope that they go away. I was just thinking last night, of a time years ago, when my girls were teenagers and my hair was really long - almost down to my rear end, and I let them cut several inches off my hair. That was interesting. Let's just say neither of them beame hair stylists. ;-) That is the great thing about hair- it always grows back. I used to cut my son and husband's hair to save money -a nd now neither one of them will let me any near their hair! Oh well. I love your comparison of Noah and his wife to our current shut down situation. Our governor is starting to open some businesses up next week and that worries me because I think it might just be too soon. Our COVID-19 cases and deaths are still going up, but people are protesting and want things open by up. I think we all need to be careful. I am still making lots of cloth masks, so if you change your mind and would like me to send some to you and Joe, please let me know andI will do it! Just email me. I hope you are feeling better soon. Have a good day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Joe not trim hair? 😊

    We are in lockdown, though our numbers are no where near as dire as other places. I will be a good girl, but I am soon going to be done with it other than common sense. I mean, I am not visiting a tattoo parlor or anything, but I'd like to begin getting my own groceries.

    So sorry that you are dealing with those awful headaches. Do you ever use Essential oils? Peppermint is good for a headache and can often head it off at the pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that the headaches are hanging on...Praying for a speedy recovery. I've been cooking up a storm but that's a GOOD thing. When we eat out, my hubby makes poor food choices. Since he's a captive audience, he eats what I make. He's eating (semi) healthy for a change. So far no complaints. Hope it lasts.

    Thinking about Noah and our current situation. I hope we won't be quaranteened for a year, but at least we're not shut in with all those stinky animals!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too bad about the headaches...and, of course, that is one of the CV-19 symptoms so that jumps into one's mind. Glad the new meds are working and it will be worth it when you are de-toxed from the other meds.

    Our county is now the epicenter of Wisconsin. 2 of my hubby's co-chaplains have the virus. One has been in ICU for 3 weeks- the other gal was diagnosed yesterday. Scary stuff out there.

    At least I have been busy sorting, purging and figuring things out since the move to the condo so I haven't been bored.

    Stay Safe- ps- Loved The Midwife!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that today has started off better. A bad headache is debilitating. Medication is such a tricky thing, isn't it?

    I, too, have been reading in Genesis and the same thought struck me. Noah and his family were shut in by God. It couldn't have been all fun and games, but the outside was infinitely worse. He was shut in for a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a teaching about Noah the other day. There was a detail I had not heard or not remembered, but did you know that God shut the door of the ark? So there they were, inside, without a way to open the door themselves I presume, and it began to rain. It had never rained before. I wonder how they felt?

    "I also watch the original "Star Trek" but not every day. I'm such a fan that some of the episodes I can say the line before they do. I have the scripts memorized."

    I know what you mean! 😆

    When my youngest son was about 7 he had an assignment to draw a picture of a chief. He drew O'brien!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a day late posting but sure hope those headaches are better today...there is nothing worse. Our governor opened the state and the local mayors are being a little more cautious. I am in no hurry to get back out there and take a chance on getting the CD19. My age and health are two things to consider for me. You just take care of yourself and be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know as I could handle those headaches. Years ago, I would horrible ones, but once I started wearing tinted glasses to keep the light out of my eyes, the headaches stopped. Such a blessing for me. I hope you are better soon, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are ALL pulling and praying for your health! Headaches are NOT fun. How is Joe's health through all this? Prayers of him, too.
    Remember, as you know, God is in control and God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry about your headaches. I've only had a few in my lifetime and they're all-consuming. I don't know how you function when you have one! I know some people have been doing puzzles or they're knitting or building backyard things for their kids... me, I sit on the couch for a while then I go do the dishes. Then back to the couch. I've found it very hard to really accomplish anything out of the ordinary. But I'm okay with that! My life before the shut down was hectic and I'm very thankful for this time to just slow down and breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always so late to comment but I do read the blogs on my phone...but I can't comment on the phone, ugh. Hopefully the headaches are getting better by now. This yucky weather surely does not help. Yesterday it was nice to have sun but it was so cold and windy....I confess to be struggling terribly with patience in getting warmer.
    Please take care! Blessings to you and Joe. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.