Friday, April 3, 2020

FLOWERS




Happy Friday, everyone!  At least I think it is Friday.  Days just seem to run into each other.  No, I know it is because our trash just got picked up.  It has been a beautiful sunny day all day until about a half hour ago.  Now it is cloudy and looks as if it is going to pour any minute.

It has been a week since I have been out of the house.  I am sort of hibernating.  A routine is starting, but with this sleeping all the time, it is hard to keep up with things.

Last Friday Joe went looking for distilled water for his CPAP machine.  Do you know how hard it is to find?  We called four places before we found it at CVS.  So we took a ride over there.  I waited in the car while Joe went in to get it.  When he came out, he had some other things including bottled water to drink which we had been having trouble getting, some snacks, and a huge bouquet of flowers.  He said he wanted to get something pretty and spring like for me since I have been feeling sort of down.

I took pictures of them when I got home to show you.  They are so pretty with all yellow and magenta flowers.


Yellow freesia.


And purple-pink ones too.

Bright yellow mums and purple daisies and mums.

They really are more magenta like seen in this photo.

I noticed the water the flowers are in turned pink.  I thought it was from the flower food I put in the water.

Here it is a week later and the water is even pinker.  And the daisies are turning white.  Hmm.  Could they have been dyed?

Even a week later the flowers are beautiful.  In fact, they have opened up a lot and I think they are even more beautiful than they were last week.


When the sun shines through the front window on them, they just glow.


You can see from these pictures how all the blooms have opened up.


Beautiful, beautiful flowers!


It makes me feel so happy to look across the room and see them.  I am going to be sad when they finally die.


You can see in this picture how some of the flowers are turning white.


Joe said from now on he's going to buy all of the flowers he gets me from the CVS.


I hope you enjoyed this little touch of springtime.  I'll be back tomorrow with a What's for Dinner post and if the new recipe I am trying out tonight turns out, I'll be posting that next week.  Enjoy your evening.

Kathy



7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Those are beautiful flowers. You have a good man. I love it when my husband buys me flowers. Sorry you have been feeling down. With everything going on, that is easy to do. I will look forward to your what's for dinner post because I love your good recipe ideas. Stay safe and well. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers from CVS are gorgeous! The photos that you took are great. Yes, I know how hard it is to find distilled water. Hadn’t thought of getting some from CVS. I use mine for the humidifier I have going all night by my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up.

    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful! I especially love the photo with the sun.They Do seem to glow! How very sweet of Joe! Glad you were able to get your water. Even with the windy days,I love seeing the sunshine. This coming week is to reach the mid 60's! Sounds good. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are beautiful. Your Joe is so very thoughtful to you. Pogo and I do a lot of napping now too. You stay safe and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, flowers that are dyed will do that. They are so beautiful! Fresh flowers are a pick me up foe sure. It is hard to remember what day it is. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.