Monday, April 6, 2020

PALM SUNDAY



Hello, friends!  Hope you all had a great day today.

Did any of you see the moon on Saturday?  My neighbor called me and told me to go outside with my camera and get some pictures of the rainbow around the moon.  And there really was a rainbow circling the moon.  I took pictures on my phone, but they really didn't turn out.  Then I went inside the house and got my camera.  These were better but still not as good as what I actually saw.



Can you believe it is Holy Week already?  Even though things are closed, Joe and I are celebrating this week.  Yesterday was Palm Sunday.  Our congregation is still not meeting, but Pastor and Rick sit at the top of the step in front of the church and talk to people walking by.  Joe had bought some palms, so I took them over to church and we put them in vases at the bottom of the steps for people to help themselves.  When I got there Pastor and Rick were talking to a lady that lives across the street.  She was happy to get some palms and was asking what time we had services.

After a few minutes Pastor and I went right inside the door and I filmed him giving a 4 minute Palm Sunday message.  I had been having people ask if he was going to have a live stream or a filmed Sunday Service.  We really don't have the ability to do that, so I asked if he would film a short message.  As of today there has been 110 views -- more than any other video I have ever put up on our site.  I am going to give you the link here so you can watch it.


Rick wanted to see a video that Paulette had, so I went to her house to give her some palms and to get the video from her.  I had called first, so she was waiting for me and met me on the landing outside of her house.  We kept our distance from each other, but were saying how nice it was to see another person.  She said it was great to know that other people really did exist.  Ha, ha!

I ran back to church and gave Rick the video.  He and Pastor were talking to man standing on the pavement with palms in his hand and a mask on his face.  Lots of people have been asking for prayer and asking what time we have Sunday service.  It will be interesting to see what happens when we have services again.  Perhaps God is using this to grow His church.

I had to go to Rite Aid to get a few things, so headed over there.  I wanted to get everything done in one day and done quickly.  But it was so good to get out of the house and actually see other people.  I keep telling myself just a few more weeks.  Small enough price to pay to not get sick.

Last night we watched the service from Calvary Chapel where Joe and I used to attend.  Funny, we both went there for years, but not together.  We didn't even know each other then.  It is so good to be back at a service there even if it is via the internet.  We plan on continuing with the services even after the shut-down is over.  Pastor Joe is such a good speaker.

Today was such a nice day weather-wise.  I think that Spring is finally here.  We have some flowers up in the yard.  I am going to have to take some pictures of them for you.

My sister's Pastor is doing a series on YouTube all this week on what happened in Jesus' life this last week leading up to the crucifixion.  Today it was from Matthew 21 -- Jesus cleansing the temple and cursing the fig tree.  As I said, all this week is going to be so special to Joe and me.  Perhaps more so than in previous years.

There is so much I want to do around the house, and yet I felt so poorly today that all I did was sleep.  I see my doctor on Wednesday and I can't wait to talk to her about my medication.

I have been trying to dress nicely each day and find that I really feel better when I do that.  Today I am wearing a rust colored sweater with a pearl and silver pendant necklace and black pants.  Not fancy, but not pjs either.  Do you feel this way too?

Now I am rambling, so I will get off of here.  Have a good night, everyone.

Kathy


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I will sure listen to your pastor's message tomorrow as it is quite late tonight. Psalm Sunday is so special and Holy Week is so important. Our church is doing a Worldwide day of fasting and prayer this Friday (Good Friday) for COVID-19 and all it's affects and impacts. Hope you are feeling better soon and that your doctor can get you on some better medication. I am with you about dressing up a bit and feeling better. I never stay in my pjs all day - it would make me feel gross. I always get up and dressed. Today I wore a shirt that I decided is just too worn. I didn't feel good about myself wearing it, so tomorrow it will go into the rag bag. Hope you have a good day and I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed today's post. I agree with Paulette,there are people! I walk the girls kinda early so few are about. I enjoyed Pastor's message. I miss everybody! It was heartwarming to hear about people's interest. Hopefully it will grow the church. It's true how you dress affects how you feel.'Dress down'days at work made me feel less professional.Praying your doctor can adjust your medicine. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe God is using this time to bring more to Him. I think getting dressed makes a world of difference and I do every day. Sure hope your dr. can help you with your medication and you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was truly good to listen to your pastor's encouraging words. Thank you for posting. Seems as if the door is open for people to ask questions about God and for the answers to be given. Hopefully, it will remain open for a while even when we are meeting again in our church buildings.

    Praying for you to feel better and getting dressed does help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon. My hubby is planning to do a live feed on FB on Sunday if he can get the tech stuff set to what he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We aren't broadcasting live services but someone records a few songs and the pastor has a message each week. Also things for several age group are sent out. It's so good to connect that way but oh my, will I ever be ready for church in person again! I'm enjoying some nicer weather and would love to keep it! We will see how long it lasts.
    Glad you got out a bit....I still have not gone anywhere! Some days I think I'll go bonkers ☺
    Take care, Kathy and Joe! Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.