Tuesday, April 14, 2020

EASTER


Happy Easter, friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful day.  It was certainly different than any other Easter I have experienced.  No church service, no new clothes, no eating out with family and friends.  But it was a good day nevertheless.

I went over to church around 11:30 a.m.  Pastor and Rick were there sitting on the top step and Krystal was also there.  It was so good to see everyone and talk to them.  I have been feeling very low lately.  The idea of being in shutdown for weeks on end with no end in sight has been weighing me down.  So it was good to be with my friends if only for a short time.

The reason I went over, and will be going each week, was for Pastor to have me tape his short message for the week.  I am linking it up for you here.


We were giving away flowers -- lilies, hyacinths and pansies -- and a few people stopped to get them.  Each one Pastor asked if we could pray for them and all of them said yes.  Several asked what time our service was on Sunday morning and said when we reopen they will visit.  Were they just being polite?  Who knows.  But we are doing what we are supposed to.

We were also given a huge tub of strawberry yogurt.  Rick had put this into individual cups and was handing that out also.  We are safely ministering to the neighborhood.

I stopped at Rite Aid on the way home and got some hot dogs, rolls, and chips.  Guess what we had for lunch.

Dinner was much better.  I made a pork roast in the air fryer, homemade potato salad and fixed a salad of lettuce and tomatoes.  For dessert we had the strawberry yogurt.  I had brought two cups of it home.

In the evening we watched the show "Jesus" from Sight and Sound Theater on the TBN app.  I had seen it twice in the theater -- once with my sister and once with Joe.  Seeing it again on the computer on Easter Sunday was amazing.  As usual, I cried through it.  There is not one show they put on that I don't cry through.  I was talking with one of the staff the last time I was there and she said she works there, sees it over and over, and still cries.

All in all it was a very good day.  I hope yours was too.  Leave a comment and let me know what you did in this new world we are living in.

I did a monthly food shopping today and I will tell you about it tomorrow.

Until later...

Kathy







8 comments:

  1. Your pastor does a nice job sharing his heart and has a sweet spirit about him. What friendly, loving gestures your church does for the community. I hope that many of those folks will visit once you are up and going again. Your dinner sounded perfect for the day. I think all of us are feeling unsettled in this time of isolation. I don’t like it one little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your church did a nice outreach to people, offering the flowers, yogurt and prayer. This isolation is so long term, it has been 30 days for me. We will get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good message as always. I miss being with everyone in fellowship.We watched "Jesus" a also.Their productions are done from the heart so yes,tears here also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got our order done for groceries to pick up. That's always something to look forward to....to see what we get! Take care and this and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss being able to attend church services and hugging my church family. I am reading, doing puzzles and watching tv - day in and day out. Will be so glad when this is behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have virtual church on YouTube these past weeks. I did wear a dress. I posted it Tues. I like your Snoopy Easter designs. I've not seen the Jesus movie yet. Any Jesus movies make me cry as it still touches my heart. TBN is visible thru my computer now. Can't see it on our Roku tv. I won't be working working a few more weeks.
    Have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had an enjoyable Easter day. You stay safe and have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy. Yes, it is easy to get down in a situation like this that just seems to drag on and on. I am glad you are serving and ministering to others as much as you are able. I will listen to Pastor Rick's message later today as I am sewing face masks for friends and family. I am also going to donate some if I can do a good enough job at making them. I am not a seamstress but I am trying. God bless you. Sounds like an overall nice Easter for you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.