Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A VISIT TO TARGET


Hello, friends!  Hope you are enjoying this beautiful sunny day.  I had the front window open for awhile, but it is still chilly and I finally had to close it.  But it is good to get some fresh air into the house.

I know you must be surprised that I went to Target.  Joe has been fighting an upper respiratory infection.  So two weeks ago he had a telephone visit with his doctor and she sent a prescription for him to the CVS in our Target store.  I drove him over there and while he went to the pharmacy I hung out at the Dollar Spot.  My favorite place.  You know I had to buy a few things.  Let me show you what I got.

You know I had to get Peeps.  I found purple bunnies and blue chicks.  When Joe finally checked out he had bought me yellow bunnies and blue chicks.  Gotta love a man who knows how much I love Peeps.  I also got some Reese's Peanut Butter Cup eggs and a Dove dark chocolate bunny for Joe.  He is saving it for Easter.


I also got a cute pink egg shaped bowl that says "Happy Easter."  It was only $3 and is china.  On the back it says it is microwave safe, oven safe, and you can put it into the dishwasher.  There were also a pale blue one that said something about an egg hunt and a pale green one that had a picture of a bunny on it.  I liked the pink one best. I don't know what I'm going to put into it, but I'll find something.  Maybe I can find some jelly beans. 


I also found a package of paper plates that say "Happy Easter" for only $1.  They are small, so I will use them for dessert.


Looking forward to the spring and summer, I got a package of cherry tomato and cucumber seeds.  It comes in a box like an egg carton and has soil and seeds.  I usually start my vegetable plants right after Easter.  It has been a few years since I tried to grow veggies, but I am going to try again this year.


And finally, I found a huge bottle of Pine-Sol for only $3.50.  It is so hard to find any kind of cleaning product let alone one that is a disinfectant.  I do not like the pine scent that it usually has, so got the lavender scented one.  Not Joe's favorite scent, but it will have to do.  If they had a citrus scent, I would have gotten that.


The message today for the week between Palm Sunday and Easter was from Matthew chapters 23-25.  Take time to read it if you have the chance.

We are hanging in there.  I called out and got sandwiches from our local pizza shop delivered for lunch.  We are trying to keep our small businesses in business without spending a lot of money we don't have.  It is a nice treat to have something I didn't have to cook.

But I am going to go out and cook dinner now.  I am having tortellini and meatballs.  Quick and easy.  

Take care everyone.  Stay safe.  I will be back soon.

Kathy






9 comments:

  1. You got some fun Easter treats. I am in the age group that is not supposed to go into stores and I haven't been in one in more than 26 days. One day soon I hope this crisis will be ended and I can spend time out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you scored at the $$$ store. I'm so tired of this isolation and definitely tired of cooking. Have a most blessed EAster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. I love your Target haul. You always give me good ideas for dinner. I think I have Tortellini so that may be on the menu later this week. I hope that you and Joe are doing well. Will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those peeps! Stay safe and have a wonderful day, hugs Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you go all the way back to the Easter decorations and candy at Target? I found a "lollipop" of Peeps, one each in every color of the rainbow on a stick for my grandson's basket. I'm not a fan, but I did see a couple of flavors this year that might not be so bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to go on a pharmacy haul myself soon. I am told that I can park in the special area reserved for the pharmacy and they will bring my prescriptions to me. I don't know. I think I need to go in. ☺ I'll wear a mask to protect everyone from me and hope that they'll wear masks to protect me. You found some nifty things for Easter and you know that the two of us share a love of PEEPS. Hope that your husband is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m glad you were able to get out and find what you needed! It doesn’t seem like Easter, does it? I’m going out to the storage building and bringing in spring and summer decorations this weekend. I totally missed decorating for Easter......only second time in my grown up life.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I just went to the drug store today to get goodies for Easter. It's the first time he's been out in weeks. (He's got cancer, melanoma, and will have surgery next week.) We've been cooking a lot more at home since all this started. But I know it's so important to support our small businesses. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a haul! The pink dish is cute.Are you aware there is now a Peeps cereal? yes & also a Hershey's Kiss? I'd like to try the Hershey's but not at that price. I like lavender & citrus too. Russ & I also support small business,especially on the weekend.When I place the phone order I thank them for being open & Russ does same when they deliver.There is so much I took for granted before.... Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.