Wednesday, February 26, 2020

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?



Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a great day.  My mouth is so much better today.  I can actually eat -- if I am careful.  Thank you for all your concern.

It's Wednesday so I'm doing a "What's For Dinner?" post.  I figure the middle of the week is about the right time for it.  I don't have a lot to show you.  Several days I didn't have dinner because my mouth was so sore.  Joe just made himself sandwiches.  But let me show you the pictures I have.

On Saturday I made air fryer chicken thighs, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  It was good.


On Sunday, I decided to try a new recipe that I found in a magazine.  It looked easy and sounded good.  It consisted of cooked rice, broccoli flowerets and cream soup.  After that cooked, a cooked chicken breast was put in and the mixture heated together.  I thought I would put the recipe up for Friday's "Are You Ready for Dinner?" post.


It looked yummy on the plate.  But neither Joe nor I liked it.  I didn't even finish the chicken and we have rice and broccoli left.  I took the recipe and threw it out.  At least we are willing to try new things.

Last night we had blueberry pancakes for dinner since it was Fat Tuesday.  It was also National Pancake Day.  We haven't had pancakes in a long time.


And that's it for this week.  I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner.  It's Bible Study night so it has to be quick.  

I hope you got some inspiration.  I'll be seeing you all later.  Thanks for stopping by!

Kathy








11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! Pancakes for dinner is one of my favorite meals. I might have to pretend it's National Pancake Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some new recipes are like that.... Ellen made one tonight that I'm not sure will be a keeper. She liked it but not sure anyone else did.
    So glad your mouth is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pancakes looked so yummy! Speaking of trying something new; I go to the IGA
    Supermarket sometimes & I got a chicken/cranberry/walnut salad. It is delicious! I made Russ a sandwich for work & he liked the fact it was 'different'. Guess I'll get it again sometime.Glad to hear you're better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are feeling much better. You are wise to give the recipe the boot. I have sometimes held onto them, which is a big mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is better to just get rid of the recipe. I would say that I would forget and make it again, but it was so bad I'm sure I'd never do that.

      Delete
  5. Hi Kathy! I love pancakes and have been thinking I should make them for dinner again sometime soon. Tonight, I tried the delicious recipe you posted about with macaroni and tomato soup. It was a hit with my husband and son! Hope you have a great weekend and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Yes, I'll be making it again too.

      Delete
  6. I admire you for trying new recipes even though some dont turn out just right....more do than dont! Pancakes are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! Food food glorious food! Well, all of your meals look good but I have a 'delicate palate' that's what I tell my husband! I'm kinda a picky eater. I wish I weren't but I am. Ha! You poor thing - going through so much this year. I hope your mouth continues to heal and you're back to feeling good soon. Thank you for your visit.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say I hope all is well since you haven't posted in a few days, but then....it's lent and you're a pastor's wife. D'uh! Busy, busy, busy!

    I do want to let you know that I had some blog trouble and had to create a new blog. You can find it at: http://greatday64.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.