Saturday, February 15, 2020

VALENTINE'S DAY



Hello, friends!  I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day.  It was one of the best days I have had in a long time.  I have lots to tell and show you. 

First of all, when Joe went to his Veterans' Meeting on Wednesday, one of the ladies there sent me a plate of Valentine's goodies.  That was so sweet of her.  I would like to say I still have some left, but that would be a lie.  Hee, hee!



Joe had to go to a doctor's appointment on Thursday at the V.A. hospital.  I drove him down in some horrible weather and even more horrible traffic.  I just left him off and came home.  After his appointment, he took the train home.  When I met him at the train station, he had the most beautiful flowers for me for Valentine's Day.  He always makes sure to give me one red rose, and there is a red rose in the mix.  I put them onto the stove to get the photos of them because the hood light is so good.  And I took a lot of pictures.

First, I took pictures of the entire bouquet from different sides.  If you turn it around, it looks different.



You can see my one red rose among the mix.





I'm trying to remember to turn it a little each day so I can enjoy all of the flowers.

Here is the red rose.  I love roses.


I don't know what these are called, but they are so pretty.


A light yellow carnation.


Some pretty yellow and pink freesia.


A red carnation.  There seems to be one or two flowers of so many different kinds.


A light yellow daisy.  The flowers all seem to be pink, red, purple, yellow or white.


Right in the middle is a big sunflower.  I love sunflowers.


A purple lily.


A purple daisy.


I had missed this pink rose in the beginning.  It's so pretty.


And finally white daisies.


The flowers Joe got me last week didn't last very long and he was disappointed.  I put these in a bigger vase and since it is glass, I figure I can keep an eye on the water level.  So far, it is still beautiful.

Yesterday we were going to go to Yamoto's for lunch.  Yamoto's is our favorite Japanese restaurant.  I love the vegan sushi they have there made with mangos.  Joe wanted to get a chicken bento box.  We started out about 1:00 p.m. and found we couldn't get onto I-95 to get there.  The on ramp was blocked and cars were lined up in both directions for blocks.  I-95 is only two blocks from my house and it took us 10 minutes to get there.  So we decided to just eat at the restaurant at Shoprite instead.

We both had California roll sushi and iced tea.  The Japanese man who works there had just made the sushi a few minutes before and handed it to us.  He's so nice.  He used to live in the same place that Joe was stationed in Japan so they have a bond.  😊


I took a picture of Joe but because the window was behind him, it didn't turn out so well.


The one he took of me was better even though my hair was messed up.  I forgot to say that the temperature dropped dramatically.  It went from 45*F (7*C) to 25* (-4*C).  When we went out, it was about 34*F (1*C) and very windy.  It went down to 17*F (-8*C) last night.  And that's without the wind chill.


Coming home, I took the back way into the neighborhood where I live to avoid the tie up which was still there.  We found out later that there were two major accidents, one northbound and one southbound.  That is why we saw no traffic on the overpass and heard a lot of sirens from police and ambulances rushing by on the empty highway.

Later on, I bought dinner for us.  One of the restaurants in the neighborhood makes a heart-shaped pizza so I got that.  Isn't it cute?


We had also gotten a few things at Shoprite while we were there.  If you read my post yesterday, you might remember I had forgotten to get olive oil.  So we got that.  We also got some cute cupcakes for our dessert.


Would you like white icing or pink?  I had one of each.  Today I will go back to eating healthy.

This morning Joe is going to a men's breakfast at church.  We have them every other month.  He got some Danish and some coffee to take over.  I have to go with him because I need some bulletin covers for this week and I will try to get a few pictures before I leave for our Facebook and blog pages.  If I do, I will share them with you tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone!

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. How cute is the pizza? Flowers are so pretty. I too turn mine when Russ buys them.It's a different look from each side.I saw the accidents on the news..really bad & traffic was so backed up. Glad you found an alternative.We called out for breakfast. Happy heart day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza my fav! Cheese only please. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful and how sweet. You had quite the day just getting to eat! The pizza is cute too. Glad you had a good Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are gorgeous! I've never seen a heart shaped pizza. It looks delicious. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! What a nice Valentine's Day! Those flowers are beautiful! I don't like sushi, but my husband sure does! The heart shaped pizza look yummy! I do enjoy your positive and uplifting blog posts about your everyday life. I love the pictures of you and Joe. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful bouquet of flowers! I like having different flowers to admire!
    Sounds like a perfect Valentines Day to me! We will celebrate today or tomorrow. I came home from the book fair on Thursday sick and went straight to bed where I have pretty much stayed. I won’t open the card Louis Dean gave me until I feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are BEAUTIFUL! What a guy your Joe is. Sounds like you Valentine's Day was a very good day. It's been cold here too. Now warming up a bit but getting cold again for a few days.....it's been so up and down this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.