Tuesday, February 25, 2020

THIS AND THAT

Hello, friends, and Happy Tuesday!  I hope your week has started out just great.  I don't have much to share with you.  I don't even have any pictures to show you.  Mostly I've been sleeping and watching vlogs.  Why?  You guessed it.  I'm sick again.

This time it is a lot of pain in my right ear, jaw, teeth and I have a headache.  After Joe preached at the nursing home yesterday, we headed for Urgent Care.  It's almost impossible to get an appointment with my doctor anymore, so I am relying on the Urgent Care doctors for my treatment.  I got taken in right away.  There was only one other patient in the place.  And the doctor came in almost immediately.  After asking me some questions and examining me, he said my teeth all looked good, my ear was clear and healthy and asked if I had been to the dentist lately.  Why yes, I had a week and a half ago.  He thinks that during that time of holding my mouth open I damaged the muscles in my TMJ and so now they are inflamed.  He said that would explain all the symptoms I am having.  He told me to take ibuprofen or aspirin to take down the inflammation and if it wasn't better to go to the dentist in a few days.  

Why is everything happening to me?  I don't think I like the year 2020 so far.  But... I am a little better today.  I haven't been able to chew anything because of the pain.  I lived on soft food and liquids.  This morning I was able to get a scrambled egg and two slices of bacon down so that is a good sign.

Another good thing is that my blood pressure was back to normal when they took it in the office yesterday.  So I guess the medicine is working.  I found that by skipping it in the morning three days a week I am not getting any of the side effects and it is working.  So that is what I am doing for now until I see my doctor in April.  Yes, folks, that's the earliest appointment I could get.  But if my plan is working, it's working.

As for vlogs -- I have become a vlog binge watcher.  I have found so many that I want to watch but I like watching them from the beginning and getting up to date. Even if they are several years old.  Let's face it, there isn't so much on TV that is worth watching these days.  So far I have completed watching "Susan's Cozy Condo Life" and "Cora Sue's Cozy Castle."  Now I want to clean out my house and decorate everything in sight.  Ha,ha!

Well, they did inspire me in that.  If you could see my house as it is right now, you would run for the hills.  It is bad folks.  So I picked one room to work on and it's the kitchen.  As I get things done, I will take pictures and show you.  Then when I've completely finished, I will give you a tour.  I haven't decided whether it will be photos or a video (or maybe both?).  One thing I know I want to do is switch my Keurig and my microwave so that I can create a little coffee bar.  I have been wanting one for so long but because the kitchen is small, there hasn't been room to put one.  I hope this will work.  If any of you has a coffee bar area, what do you have in it?  Mugs?  Cute baskets of coffee?  Trays?  I'll take any and all ideas.

And now I will stop rambling and get started with my day.  I want to go get doughnuts because it is Fat Tuesday.  I was going to go to the bakery and buy Fastnachts, but it is raining and I don't feel like driving that far.  But maybe I will.

Hope you all have a good day.  I will talk to you soon.

Kathy





19 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, Oh my gosh girl, you are just getting a bit of every bad thing. So glad the dr helped you ...sounds like he might know what is wrong. So keep at it . Take care honey, spring isn't that far away. I went to my dentist today for a cleaning and that procedure where they stick that sharp thing in your gums around the teeth to measure if they may be receding. I don't like it. My dentist's bday is tomorrow. I wish him a happy birthday. Glad I had a good report. Blessings to you and Joe, stay healthy young lady. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy - so sorry you are not feeling well again. Please rest and get feeling better soon! BTW, I am trying the recipe you posted with tomato soup and macaroni. That is what's on the menu tonight. Hope you are well enough to post again soon. I will look forward to a tour of your kitchen and house! I am always looking for fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out and if you like it.

      Delete
  3. Just a thought-perhaps before you get totally well, you are visiting nursing homes. I had to quit that a few years ago with my low immune system. I am also careful church in winter-no shaking hands and hugging. I keep hand cleanser in my purse and in my car...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I am the only one in the group that drives I have little choice in going. I am careful while there. But I know what you mean. Hospitals and nursing homes are places where you can get sick. I do not shake hands or hug anywhere for the same reason as you. Although my immune system is very good. Sorry about yours. It must be hard for you.

      Delete
  4. Maybe we are twins separated at birth. Ha, ha. Mine is better today. Hope yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kathy, so sorry about your pain. You can't seem to get a brake. I thank God for Urgent Care. Most doctors lately are almost impossible to get hold of.i hope the warmer temps work out for you.Cheers for getting inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting better each day. I went because I wanted to make sure I did not have an infection throughout my head. Although it hurts a lot, I am glad it is only a muscle strain which will heal.

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. One thing I do-an oldy but goody...I drink that apple cider vinegar-Bragg-in water daily. Just have to do it...my whole family does...seems like everyone knows about it, but it does work. Anything worth trying...I am sure you are doing everything you know to do to stay well...the germs are everywhere. As I get ready to fly to other family, I am preparing with Airborne and extra Vitamin C. However, if those germs are determined, we can't fight them. Good luck. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that about apple cider vinegar. Fortunately this time it was an injury and not sickness.

      Delete
  7. This year is definitely not starting out so good for you. Hopefully, the rest of the year is going to be much better. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a bit late on reading this, Kathy, but sorry to hear that 2020 is not going well as far as aches and pains. It seemed an odd connection that was made between the dental visit and your ear ache, but if the treatment worked then all is good. I have never watched a vlog (really) and so now you have me planning to check out the ones you mentioned. I get totally absorbed in watching youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch a lot of YouTube and Netflix. I had no idea that a torn muscle in your jaw could affect your teeth, jaw and ear, not to mention giving you a headache.

      Delete
  9. Glad you are doing better! I go to Urgent Care because I haven't found a Dr. I like.
    I might be behind... but what is a Vlog????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.