Monday, March 2, 2020

LEAP YEAR AND WELCOME MARCH



Hello, friends!  Can you believe it is March already?  How did that happen?  I am glad spring is on the way, though.  It sure felt like spring today.  It got up to 64*F (18*C).  I even had the air conditioning on while I was driving.

Did any of you celebrate Leap Year Day?



We were going to celebrate my birthday two months late, but that didn't work out.  Basically I just slept.  The only time I went out was to go to Rite Aid to get a few things.

Two of the things I got were these cute little signs to hang on my pantry.

This is the one I have up now.




And here is another I couldn't resist.  I think I will save it for the summer.



There were so many other cute ones too, but I couldn't get everything.

I thought I would show you my temperature blanket as of the end of February.  It is looking so good and I love it so much.  It feels great too.  Very soft.  I keep telling Joe it is big enough to keep me warm now.  It covers my feet (but not my ankles yet).  He tells me to keep working.


And here is the sampler scarf.  I am working on it a little at a time.  My hands are hurting so badly with arthritis that I can't do a lot at once.

I turned my calendar page yesterday.  Here is March's picture.  So pretty.  I love the little lit cottage with the lighthouse in the background.


So let me recap what happened last month.

I was well enough to go to church again.  What a joy that was.

I actually watched the Super Bowl all the way through for the first time ever.

Joe got me a beautiful bouquet for Valentine's Day.  When it died a week later, he got me another even more beautiful bouquet.  Yesterday, he got me a single red rose which is absolutely beautiful!


I went to the dentist and ended up with a torn muscle in my jaw.  I am so glad to be feeling better now because it was a rough time for awhile.

We wanted to go to our favorite Japanese restaurant for Valentine's Day, but couldn't get there because of two accidents blocking the way there.  So we ended up at Shop Rite and had a very nice lunch.  Sometimes just being together is good enough.  We also got a heart shaped pizza for dinner.

That's about it.  Not a very exciting month, but still trying to get my health back.  I'm so much better so I hope March will be kind to me.

Thanks for stopping in and I will see you soon.  Have a good night.

Kathy





11 comments:

  1. I agree. The cottage is adorable. I often think what it would be like to live near water...well maybe not that close! You got the secret of valentine's Day,just being together.Sometimes the 'changed plans'turn out better than the original!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a rough month but I'm glad you are feeling better. Hopefully the sun will shine more this month and help us all feel more energetic and healthy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. Let's hope the rest of the year is kinder for you. Your rose is gorgeous. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your temperature blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, good progress on your blanket. I love you cute signs. Glad you are feeling better. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy it's March! So far this winter hasn't been bad and I wonder if maybe winter will show up now that it's getting closer to spring. Not impossible but oh how I hope it doesn't!
    Love the little signs. It's always nice to find something to perk up the day =)
    Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, I am glad you are getting better. Time flies, even when we can't enjoy it. Take care and stay well. I love your knitting. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to get out,Kathy, and hope the feeling better trend continues now that a new month has started. The last few weeks have certainly been rough ones for you ☹️. Thank for the comment on my recent post about searching for new blogs to enjoy. I have followed a few of the suggestions from fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good that you are doing better after a long haul. That torn jaw muscle sounds so painful. I didn’t know that such a thing could even happen. Good grief! Your husband is such a sweet man. Those roses are just one indication. I, too, am looking forward to spring. It isn’t so very far away🌷

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy!
    I'm happy to read that you are doing better! Health is so important and it's something you can't buy. I will keep praying for a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.