Saturday, February 1, 2020

GOODBYE JANUARY, WELCOME FEBRUARY




Hello, friends!  Yes, it's me again and I am posting two days in a row.  I am feeling so much better.  I didn't call the doctor yesterday because I was feeling better, but this morning I woke up at 4:30 a.m. really sick.  I decided that enough is enough and I am not taking any more of the new medication.  I am going back to the old one.  Even though I have reactions to it, it is not as bad as the new one.  Since I took a dose of the old medication and went back to sleep for a couple of hours, I am feeling so good.  I made myself bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Then Joe came downstairs and I made him breakfast too.  I emptied the dishwasher and halfway filled it up again.  Joe and Rick are going out witnessing this afternoon and if I still feel this good, I am going to work on cleaning off my coffee table which is in sad shape while they are gone.

Last night I felt well enough to make some sugar cookies.  Admittedly it was the Pillsbury slice and bake, but a few days ago I couldn't do even that.  I put some pink and red sugar on the top.  They are so good and I know because I've been eating them.


Do any of you use a silpat when you bake?  Those rubber sheets are great when doing cookies.  I couldn't afford the real thing, but around Christmas I was at Target and saw their brand of baking sheets.  Joe bought me two of them.  They are wonderful.  I just put them on my cookie sheets and nothing sticks.  The cookies turn out well too.


I've been doing a lot of knitting this past month.  And I'm so excited to show you my new temperature blanket for 2020.  As I said earlier, I wasn't going to do one this year.  But when I saw this yarn, I really wanted to do it.  I have only four colors, so I am doing 20 degrees for each color.  Dark blue is 30*F and below.  Light blue is 40*F and 50*F.  Brown is 60*F and 70*F.  Tan is 80*F and 90*F.  The blues are baby yarn with a silver thread running through it so that it sparkles.  The browns are homespun.  I thought it would be fun to use different textures and weights and do a garter stitch (all knit) this year.  I am using another yarn I found that is variegated brown, tan and white to separate the months.  I guess you want to see it, so here's a photo I took last night.


I'm also still working on my scarf.  I have three sections finished.  Here is a closeup of the third section.  Sorry it's a little dark.  I love the cables that I was able to put in it.


For the past few days, I have been working on part four.  I will probably finish it today.  I have no idea how far the yarn I have will go so we'll see just how big this scarf gets.  If nothing else, I will use it on a table.

As we head into February, let's see just what went on last month.  Most of it was just being sick.  Very sick.  From hospital to stomach virus to bladder infection to bronchitis to blood pressure which put me in the hospital in the first place.  I feel so much better now and really think I am on the mend.  A little coughing and blowing the nose, but otherwise I'm doing good.

New Year's Day was not the joyous celebration it usually is.  I didn't even watch the parade and you know I'm sick if I'm not watching the Mummers.  In fact, they marched down the street just two blocks from me.  Joe opened the door and said, "Let's go see them."  I laid on the sofa moaning and said, "Go without me."  That is definitely not me!

I did enjoy that few days of 70*F weather we had a few weeks back.  That was nice.  And there is a warm up coming this week too.

I missed three Sundays at church and that is definitely not me.  I am so glad to be back with my church family.

I've been doing a lot of knitting this month.  It was something I could do when I felt a little better, but could put down and take a nap when I needed to.

Cleaning, laundry, dishes, cooking -- they all went by the wayside.

I didn't get to celebrate Chinese New Year the way I usually do either.  But I will make it up during the year.  The White Metal Rat year.

And that's about it.  Let me show you my calendar page for last month.  I never got to do that.  I'm glad we didn't get this much snow.  If we had, I would have had to get a horse and sleigh to get around just like the one in the picture.


And now let's flip the page to February.


This month's calendar page is so pretty.  I love the sunset.  Well, I love sunrises and sunsets in general.  But this looks so cozy with the horse and buggy about to go across the bridge and head toward the church with the light shining in the window.  So welcoming.  The sunset reflected in the little stream is so pretty too.  And the cardinals on the bush in the forefront are so perfect.  A flash of red and a pop of brown in the white snow.

I used to show a new calendar page on the first of every month.  It had fallen by the wayside the past few years, but I am reviving it this year.  Hope you like it.

And with that I am going to get going.  I want to throw some wash in while I am still feeling good.  I have a feeling I am going to crash this afternoon.  Hope you all have a good day.

Kathy




10 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! Make the most of it. I hope February is a good month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are feeling ever so much better! The cookies sure are pretty; I’d be eating them, too. Happy nesting and puttering, which reminds me, I must get off this computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful snowy bridge!

    Hope you get to feeling better soon. 💐

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again Kathy. Good to know that you continue to feel better. I am feeling a bit under the weather today, so I know that is not fun. I love your calendar picture for the month. Beautiful -as is the scripture. The cookies look really good. I would like to have one! So glad you could get back to church. I also miss church when I can't go, which is rarely. I am there every week and I love it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies look so good! Glad you felt well enough. The fact God's mercies are new every morning, how marvelous! Love that verse! Hope to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you made through the month of January and are feeling better! Yes, I welcome in February too and I hope it's a better one for you. The flu season is bad this year and many of the schools closed around here on Friday because so many kids were sick. So take care and enjoy your Sunday. I hope you're feeling good enough to go tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are feeling so much better. Don't go overboard on what you do. Take it easy still. We don't want you to relapse. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you are finally feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are feeling better finally. NO fun for sure!!! Phil missed 2-3 Sundays when he was sick in Dec. I missed one for sure in late Nov. I am working on organization of my office area and stuff out of dining room that are just stuff. Gathering here a few weeks from now for a bday party for me.Hopefully our son and family will come! Always something to do every day!!! Thankful Phil helps on the weekends with kitchen things....clear out dishwasher. Continue healing my friend. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling better! I pray good health for you continues.
    You have an amazing talent....I love both projects so much.
    What a nice day we are having today. Hope you are feeling well enough to get out for a bit. Makes me far too anxious for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.