Sunday, February 16, 2020

SUNDAY PRAISE


Hello, friends!  I hope you have had a wonderful Sunday full of God's blessing.  I woke up at 4:30 this morning with an awful headache which lasted most of the day.  But that did not stop me from going to church.

Our opening hymn was "Give Praise to God" written by Dr. James Montgomery Boice and Paul Stephen Jones, the organist at Tenth Church.  I knew Dr. Boice very well because I worked with him for about 5 years at Tenth Presbyterian Church here in Philadelphia when I was the church secretary.  He was a wonderful man.  It brought tears to my eyes when we sang it because even though he died 20 years ago, I still miss him.  It is a beautiful hymn and I found it on YouTube for you to hear.


Today we began a new part of worship.  We are learning memory verses each week.  Pastor calls this section "Hidden in the Heart."  A perfect title since this truly is what we want to do.  Our verse this week is one I already know:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.  Romans 1:16

Maybe some of you would like to learn the verses each week also.

We stopped at Sonic on the way home and got burgers and fries for lunch.  I also got a lemon slush.  If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I love my slushes.  And even though it was so cold outside and this was an icy drink, I enjoyed every drop of it.

Image result for sonic lemon slush

After I ate, I took some aspirin and laid down on the sofa.  The next thing I knew it was 8:00 p.m.  Joe had made himself some hot dogs for dinner and I slept on.  So I got up and had a couple of cupcakes so I could take my medicine.  Don't you like that for dinner?  I'm still full from lunch and really not hungry at all.

So now it is almost time for bed and I will go back to sleep.  It's Nursing Home day tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to that.

Until later...

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Thanks for sharing your Sunday. I love that verse you learned this Sunday. So glad you got a good nap and that your headache got better. I hope you enjoy the new week. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Kathy. I know about you through my wife. She tell me how much she likes you, Joe and your house. I'm a musician and our little band (HIS Melchizedek Priesthood) want to send you some songs, please. I have to figure out the technology first. In the name of Jesus, Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your headache but glad you had a nap & it went away.Dinner is whatever you want it to be.Cupcakes? Interesting.....Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our church has a verse for the year and is posted up front behind the choir loft. Hoping that all will have it memorized by the end of the year. We need to hide His word in our hearts. Hope your headache was gone after your name and I like your dinner - sounds like something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice hymn and sounds like it was written by Martin Luther. I often get a headache if I eat raw onions in a salad or on a hamburger. They are such a trigger for me that I must be careful. Have a blessed week and a healthful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cupcakes for supper? Sounds delicious to me! Since I retired, I eat what my body asks for at meal times. I like your verse idea. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a burger gal for sure! Hubby is the slushy lover and lemon might be a winner for him. We don't have a Sonic here unfortunately! Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do weather changes bother you? It sometimes does for me (headaches) and almost always does for Christy, at least big changes do. Glad you got the rest you needed....although I'm amazed how you slept that long then could go to bed and sleep again! I can rarely sleep during the day.
    I've only had food from Sonic once. I know my family love the milkshakes there but I'm not a big milkshake lover.....only Shamrock shakes for McD's and peach shakes at Chick-fil-A. Both of which are seasonal ☺
    Hope your Monday is going well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.