Thursday, February 6, 2020

GROCERY HAUL



Hello, friends!  It has been a long time since I did a grocery haul.  I know a lot of you like this so I decided to do it today.  I have not been able to go to the store because of my sickness and lately a time crunch.  So I did my shopping by going online and doing "Shop From Home."  What a great service this is.  It is definitely not as good as going myself and picking out my own meat and vegetables, but when you need it, it's wonderful.  The people at Shoprite who do the shopping pick out the best products as if they were shopping for themselves and their own family.  I'm always very happy with what they give me.  And they call if they are unsure of anything.  I had ordered some cat food and they had to substitute another flavor.  Same for the sausage I wanted.

Having said all of this, let me show you what I got.


Chicken thighs, ground beef, pork loin and brown sugar sausage.  I also got a pound of liverwurst which I didn't photograph.  I plan on making a meatloaf for dinner tonight.



Bananas, milk, chocolate chip cookies, hot dogs and low salt bacon.



Joe and I both like the breaded flounder they sell.  I got that along with some French fries.  Fish and chips for dinner tomorrow.



I was almost out of Lysol wipes.  I use them every day to wipe down the bathroom.  Trash bags for the upstairs, and 10 cans of cat food.  Jack gets half a can a day so that will hold him for awhile.



Instant potatoes for when I am in a hurry.  I went to make mac and cheese the other night and found I was out of macaroni.  I had to take care of that.  Joe ran out of peanut butter.  I had to get it so he can have his PB&J sandwiches.  And I had used up my last onion.



We were completely out of fresh veggies.  I got broccoli crowns, spinach and roma tomatoes.



And finally hot dog rolls for the hot dogs (Saturday dinner?) and bread.  I didn't photo the case of water and the box of cat litter.  But you all know what they look like.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my groceries for the next few weeks.  I have more posts coming so be sure to be on the watch for them.  Yes, I'm back.

Kathy



7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better Kathy! Looks like you have some good meals ahead! We love that baby Spinach too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kathy. I have never used grocery delivery, but it does sound like it would be a good service. Glad you are feeling better. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used Walmart's grocery service a few times, though I have to drive to the store and they put it in the car for me. Our store isn't one of the ones that delivers yet. They do the substitution thing, too, but always tell me before I sign for the charge so I can change my mind if I want to. The only thing they are not always great about is picking produce. They've tended to just grab the first thing they see rather than look for the freshest, nicest things. It may be different now as I've seen they have hired people who do nothing but the shopping, where it used to be kids they pulled off the floor. I may have to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wondered about this new service...seems perfect for days when shopping is out of the question. Is it delivered to you or did you pick it up?

    You may remember that I tried the Wal*Mart service, but the delivery truck backed into my house. 😳 No, I haven’t gotten over it and, yes, I am holding a grudge.

    I made the best Cottage Pie today. Do you ever make that? I got the idea watching a You Tube of The Princes William and Harry’s former chef from childhood. Apparently, it was a favorite and I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing all this fresh food...what makes your 'haul' special for me is what you do with it. How you turn it into such interesting meals. So yummy! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your grocery haul is awesome. I wish I could trust WalMart to pick out fresh produce, dairy and meat for me. I have to go pick these out myself. The last time I ordered milk from them it expired in two days. Yuck! But it does save me by having the rest of my groceries put together and put into my car. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are back to blogging ☺ Looks like you got a nice grocery haul. You will be all set for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.