Tuesday, February 11, 2020

LIFE IS BORING RIGHT NOW... THAT'S GOOD!


Hello, friends!  I know I haven't posted in awhile.  It is not because I am sick, but because nothing is going on here.  And with the way things have been, that's probably a good thing!

Saturday I was going to go to a movie at church but ended up sleeping the entire day.  It was a day that either my medicine caught up with me or maybe I have been doing too much.  But my body shut down and I slept for about 12 hours.  I felt out of it when I woke up as people do who have slept so much.  But I did make up the church bulletin for the first time in five weeks and also printed out our monthly "Fellowship News" insert and the monthly calendar to put into it.  I can tell I am feeling better because when I was sick I kept emailing Pastor saying, "Can you do the bulletin this week?" and feeling relieved when he said yes.  This week I was excited to be making a pretty and informative handout for everyone.  Yes, I'm back.

Sunday, of course, was church.  We had three visitors and two people we haven't seen in a long time show up which was wonderful.  At least two of them said they would be back next week.

My friend who lives next door to me was selling hoagies to support her church's music program so Joe and I had ordered a couple to help her out.  She delivered them on Sunday night so that was our dinner.  Let me tell you, they were good!  Much better than I have had in a long while.  The place they were from always makes good hoagies.  It's just not very near to us.  But I think we are going to have to make the trip for the sandwich every now and then instead of always getting them from Wawa.

Yesterday morning I went to the dentist for my six month cleaning.  Ever since my dentist retired and sold her practice to this practice called Smile Arts it hasn't been the same.  They have a number of dentists and you never know who you will be seeing.  And they are almost all Chinese.  Which is good for me because when I tell them my grandfather was Chinese, we have a common ground and end up with great conversations.  The doctor yesterday was Dr. Fong -- a pretty, petite lady who was wonderful.  I hope she stays for awhile.  She said she has been there for four months so there is hope they won't be moving her someplace else before I come back in six months.  The technician, Lisa, was Chinese too and so very sweet.  The people at the front desk and the lady who polished my teeth were not Asian.  The lady who was polishing was named Kim.  She and I started talking and she goes to the same church some friends of mine attend.  She said she was looking for a daytime Bible study and I told her about the Ladies Study that I teach.  I ended up giving her a business card from the church and inviting her to attend.  She said she thought she would and would try to bring her daughter and a couple of friends.  Wow!  That was a productive dentist appointment.  (Besides the fact that I have no cavities!)

Yes, in just a few weeks the 2020 season of the Ladies Bible Study will begin.  It seems as if it just ended.  But then I lost a whole month of my life in there.  We are going to be studying the book of Titus to begin with.  Then I'm not sure where I want to take it.  I might do a topical or I might just go on to the book of Hebrews.  We'll see when the time comes.  I want to start putting the lessons together this week.  I always end up a day before the study frantically going through books and commentaries and online sites trying to get my thoughts together.  I don't want to put that stress on myself this year.  If I have the entire series finished before we even start, that would be a good thing.

Yesterday afternoon Joe, Rick and I went to the nursing home.  I haven't been in so long since I've been sick.  It was nice to see all the ladies again.  The one lady, Jeanne, is quite a character.  And Connie, Erna and Cherry are so sweet.  I just love those people there.

Look at this.  I've rambled on and on and don't have even a single photo to show you.  Let me go into my archives and see if I can at least find a picture of Jack for you.


He's always cute when he's asleep.  Awake...  well, he's still cute although so mischievous.

Take care, everyone, and have a good day.  I hope I can actually get some cleaning done today.  The house is a mess!

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. When you are so sick, you just cannot do much of anything, especially clean house. So glad you are better and back to doing the things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is so handsome! Glad you're back & looking forward to Ladies Bible Study. I agree about getting it all together ahead of time.Have a pawsitive day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kathy! I love the picture of you kitty. We are "cat people" but haven't had a kitty now for a several years. We get another one someday. Not sure. So glad you are feeling better and are getting back to the things you love like going to the nursing home and serving in your church and Bible study. A good trip to the dentist with no cavities is an added bonus to a good week! Enjoy this week and Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to read a "healthy" ramble this morning! So happy to hear that you are feeling well and enjoying your normal activities. It sounds like a big responsibility to teach an extended Bible study, but, as they say, the teacher learns the most! Happy Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. Our Spring Bible Study starts in just a few weeks too. Looking forward to it! Hope you enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m going to learn my lesson one day...skipping and lurching around at blogs is zero fun. (I wasn’t signed in so lost my comment. It was a good one, but I am not going to bother attempting to duplicate it.) Very glad that life is a bit dull just now. That is def not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dull can be good =) So glad you are up to going and doing again. Has to feel wonderful. God bless you with a restful night, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it has rained here for soooo long and we are sooooo tired of it. It makes me want to sleep 12 hours. :o)) I find that Asians and Vietnamese folks have the strongest work ethic. I bet that is a good group of dentists. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never underestimate the blessings of a normal day.....
    So happy you have your life back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is WONDERFUL. Never underestimate the blessings of a normal day.

      Delete
  10. I would not have guessed you are part Chinese! Have you ever been there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are feeling better, but sleep is good too. Hopefully you will get your Bible study figured out. Usually the women's bible study at our church is a book from someone's written. I've enjoyed Jennie Allen and Ann Voskamp as well. Priscilla Shirer is good and Beth Moore are good too....just some ideas. A bit tired and need to get to dishes done and head for bed. Fun day at home with friends who came for my 65 birthday celebration!! A bit windy and wet outdoors today. Haven't been on a walk for awhile. Hope to do it soon....hopefully tomorrow afternoon! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.