Friday, February 7, 2020

CROCKPOT BARBEQUED CHICKEN

Hello, friends!  It's Friday and it's time to think about some easy weekend recipes.  Here is one I got from the vlog "Shelly's Home Life."  I am sharing it because (1) it's really good and (2) Shelly no longer has her vlog.  It is completely gone so I am not stepping on her toes.  We had it a couple of weeks ago and Joe asked when we would have it again.  The recipe calls for chicken breasts but I used thighs which we like better and it was just as good.  I hope you enjoy it.

CROCKPOT BARBEQUED CHICKEN
Spray your crockpot with a non-stick cooking spray.  Put in two large boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  In a small bowl mix 1 cup of barbecue sauce (whatever your favorite is -- I used Sweet Baby Ray's original), 1/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.  Pour over chicken breasts.  Cook on high for 6 hours.  (I found I didn't need that long.  The thighs were finished in 4 hours.)  Shred the chicken and serve on rolls.

If you try this, let me know if you like it and how it turned out for you.

And now to clarify one thing that I didn't really say well on yesterday's blog.  Although I ordered my groceries online, I went to the store to pick them up.  You can have them delivered to your door and I know several people who are homebound and do that.  But the charge for that is an additional $20.  If you go to the store and pick them up, it is only $10.  And I had a coupon that gave me $5 off yesterday so that was a real bargain.  I don't use this service often, but it is handy to have when I need it.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

Kathy

Image result for crockpot barbecue chicken

Google image from carlsbadcravings.com




9 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds delicious. I copied it to try. Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you are feeling better. I'm so glad to hear that. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love bbq chicken...sounds easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, That sounds like a good thing to fix for lunch or dinner. Stay well. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds delicious. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to give this recipe a try. I think my son and husband would really like it! Thanks and have a great weekend, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be making this! I'm without a stove right now, so I do a lot with my crockpot and this looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a good and easy recipe. I looked up that Shelly's vlog and it took me to another site. The comments to her were SOO horrible that no wonder she quit vlogging. Just sad how mean people can be. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe sounds so good and SO easy! I like Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce too.
    One of my daughters uses grocery delivery service. They use Instacart which I think has a discount delivery option.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better. Your blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.