Friday, January 31, 2020

SNOWMEN



Hello, friends!  Can you believe today is the last day of January?  Of course, being sick the entire month it seems as if it was just a few days ago that I celebrated New Year's Eve.  Time goes so fast, but I feel as if I've lost an entire month.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and good wishes.  I think I am finally on the mend.  No more blowing the nose.  Coughing just occasionally. When I was at the doctor's office just a few days ago, he listened to my lungs and said they were all clear.  Good to know!  He did change my medicine, but I am worse with the new medicine than I was with the old one.  Major headaches, nausea and heart palpitations.  I am calling him today to tell him I am going back to the old one and not taking the new one anymore.  There must be something out there to help me.  I just don't have the money to keep buying a month's worth of medicine every few days just to "try it out".

But enough of that.  Here it is the last day of the month and I still have not shown you my January decorations.  I sort of cheated this month since I wasn't feeling so well.  I always put out snowmen and snowflakes in January.  When I was visiting my sister on Christmas, she offered me a lot of snowmen figures that she was getting rid of.  I chose the ones I wanted and brought them home with me.  Being so sick, I used just the ones I got from her without pulling out the box of mine.  It was nice to see something new and different in the house.  Tomorrow I will pack them all away and put up my red hearts.  So before I do that, let me show you how I used them.

I have on my front door the little wooden sled I got at Rite Aid about two years ago.  Or is it three?  Whatever it is, I really like it and put it up after I take the Christmas decorations down.  I know it looks a little Christmassy with the pine cone, fir branches and holly berry ribbon, but I like it so much.  So it lives on my door for the first month of the year.



I put a snowman in my front window.  I took down the colored Christmas lights, but left up the white snowflakes.  It looks so nice in the evening.



Here's a closer shot of the snowman.  I brought him out of the window so you could see him better.  I like his little black top hat, his red and white striped scarf blowing in the wind and his sweet little sign that says, "Let It Snow."  The goofy smile on his face makes me smile too.  And his little pom-pom buttons puts him over the top in my opinion.


Inside on the little table by the window I have four snowmen set up.  The picture is a little dark because I took it with my phone in the afternoon.  There isn't much sun in the front of the house that time of day.  Isn't the little snowman in a pail of snowballs so cute?  The one in the back is a stuffed snowman.  He leans against the flowerpot to stand up.  The other two ceramic snowmen are just adorable.


The ceramic snowmen are also candleholders.  I put a couple of battery operated tealights in them and they really lit up the evening.


I put another large snowman on the shelf under my mirror.  I left the Christmas "Joy" sign on the shelf.  It just seemed to fit since the snowman was so jolly.  Have you ever seen such a sweet face?


And Elaine even gave me a snowman soap dispenser which I put in the bathroom.  It is so adorable that I am going to leave it there until all the soap is used up.  Probably in another two weeks or so.  I love his little broom in his hand and the sweet cardinal sitting on his other hand.  The blue and green scarf is so cheery and seems just right against his red jacket.


I'm sort of sad to put them all away until next year.  But not having them out all year makes them even more special.

I hope you enjoyed seeing them.  Now I am going to feed Jack and myself and then start my day.  I'm even feeling well enough today that I think I am going to do some cleaning in the kitchen.  Just a little because I am not going to wear myself out.  Too late to clean out the refrigerator since the trash men have already come.  But maybe I'll do it anyway.  Hope you all have a good day.

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE cute snowmen. Yours are adorable! Yup... January is finished And I ALWAYS think of you when I flip by calendar. Happy flipping 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowmen are very cute! I will have to take a picture of the one the dementia residents gave me. It's made of socks and buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ⛄️ I did enjoy seeing your cheery, cute snowmen. I finally took down my real Christmas wreath because it was turning yellow and green...a bit sickly. The door looks so blah. Perhaps I need a Dollar Tree heart or something.

    Poor you! I remember when samples used to be given so something could be tried without committing. I guess there were problems, but as you say, shopping for meds is expensive. Wonder if one could bug the doctor to try a sample prescription just to see.

    Happy cleaning out the fridge...not my favorite job...hope yours is a snap.

    Keep feeling good and getting stronger. You need a great February! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! I love this cute snowmen and wintery decorations in your home. They are so fun. So glad you are feeling better. I hope you can get a medicine that works better for you. Have a good weekend. I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think each snowman is adorable! I put up lots of snowmen & "let it snow" signs at holiday time. Now comes my favorite holiday----Valentine's Day!! Love to spread the love! Glad to hear you're a bit better. I also remember getting 'samples'from the doctor. Maybe ask the pharmacist for half the number of pills & refill the rest (if needed).Paying for something you can't use is not good.
    Hoping you have a MUCH better February!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your snowmen and thank you for sharing with us. Most of all, I am glad you are feeling better. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! I am so glad you are feeling better. And thank you for sharing your snowmen. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your snowman decorations; so happy to hear you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your decorations! I used to be a snowmen collector until I moved, ended up giving most away and now I wish I hadn't! Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your day.💖

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.