Monday, July 1, 2019

WELCOME JULY AND PHOTO CHALLENGE #23 - PAIR


Hello, friends and welcome to July.  Now will someone tell me how 2019 is half over already?  It seems like June just began.

I made a vanilla cake with chocolate icing and flower sprinkles for church yesterday.  Well, Joe made the cake.  It was a mix but the fact that he felt up to doing it was great.  He just sat at the kitchen table and I handed things to him, but it is such an improvement since his surgery.  I let it cool overnight and then iced it in the morning with some leftover chocolate icing I had from the last time I baked.  I made it in a 9 x 13 pan so I just iced the top and had just enough icing to do it.  It turned out good and everyone was complimenting me on it.  Of course I gave Joe the credit.  There is about a third of it left and I put it in the refrigerator at church to save it for Bible Study tomorrow.

Joe wasn't up to going to church yesterday so I will show him the video of the message later today.

Our pastor and his wife are on vacation this week.  So Joe offered to do the Nursing Home service.  He assures me that he is up to walking in, sitting down, and giving the message.  Tomorrow it will be two weeks since the surgery and he says he has no pain, just is tired.  I looked through his archived messages and found a Fourth of July message he gave at church a couple of years ago.  He is going to use that so he doesn't have to write a new one.  Nothing wrong with recycling messages to new groups of people.  Here is the LINK if any of you want to see it.

My hydrangea is not doing well at all.  In fact it is starting to die.  Everything I put out front does that.  It is just too hot.  I moved it away from the air conditioner hoping that the hot air from that was not the cause.  I am going to water it well every day and hopefully that will bring it back.  But if worse comes to worse, I will move it to the back yard.

Our four days of 90*F (33*C) weather is over -- for a couple of days.  We will get spoiled with the cooler weather today and tomorrow only to go back into the 90s for the rest of the week.  Five days of hot temperatures according to Accuweather.  I'm so thankful for my air conditioner and thankful to Debbie's husband, Rusty, for putting it into the window.

PHOTO CHALLENGE
I have one photo for you today.  Even though it is July now, I will finish the last 7 pictures for you.  The word for Day #23 is "pair".  A pair of what?  I thought of many things, but then I decided to show you a pair of ... bananas!


Looks like we'll be eating these today or else I will have to make some more banana bread.

And now I am going to get my day started.  Hope you all have a great day.

Kathy








6 comments:

  1. I make sugar free pudding with low fat milk and it's a nice snack. One of those bananas would be good in it! Banana pudding!!! Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I flipped my calendar and thought (said a prayer) for you! Yes, July came quickly and I'm sure August will do the same.
    Glad to hear Joe is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally am amazed, just like you, that July is here already! So glad that Joe is feeling good enough to get back to some normal activity. It will all come but it takes time. Best of luck with the beautiful hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! So much of the year gone already and so soon. That cake sounds good and makes me want some. 🙂 Wonderful that Joe has no pain and now we just need to pray that his strength is renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Joe is in no pain. I like the bananas! I agree about where is the month going? It seems in hyper-drive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did we get to July so quickly? lol Banana pudding or banana bread sounds so good to me. Glad Joe was able to do the Nursing Home Service.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.