Wednesday, July 31, 2019

SISTERS GET-AWAY DAY #2




Hello, friends!  What a day we had today.  All day we have had terrible thunder and lightning storms.  The rain poured so hard you couldn't even see out of the windows.  The thunder sounded like it was right over the house.  And the lightning struck an electrical transformer down the street from my house.  The light from it was so bright it was like looking at the sun.  And then everything was dark and we were without electricity for about 6 1/2 hours.  Fortunately it was during the day so between storms we did have some daylight.  And even during the storms it was light enough to see.

As a result I couldn't make dinner since our stove uses electricity to light the pilot lights.  So Joe and I went to Shop Rite.  He got a sandwich and I got sushi.  When we came home, the lights were on, the air conditioner was running and the TV was playing.  Yay!

So that was our exciting day.  But let me tell you about another exciting day and that was yesterday on our second day in Lancaster County, PA.  Again, I have lots of pictures for you.

We got up in time to have breakfast in the hotel.  A free breakfast is included in the price of the room.  And it's not just coffee and donuts.  We had scrambled eggs, fruit, and coffee cake.  I had water and Elaine had coffee and juice.  After we ate we went back to the room, made sure everything was packed up and checked out.  Elaine went down before me and put her luggage into the car.  I was able to see her from the room.


They were paving over the end of the driveway.  The county was putting in new water pipes and have been for months.  It looks like they are finally finished. 


 When I checked out, Brittany was on the desk.  Joe and I know her from all the times we have stayed there.  And she knows us too!  It was nice to see her again.

We headed over to Sight and Sound Theater.  Joe and I had gotten Elaine and me tickets to the show "Jesus."  Joe and I had seen it earlier and knew she would like it.  This is a fountain she is standing in front of but you can't see it too well.


The show was fantastic!  We had wonderful seats.  Afterwards I asked Elaine to take a picture of me in front of the building.



We knew we wanted to go to Hershey Farm before we headed home and it was right next door to the theater.  So that's where we went.

I waited outside while Elaine parked the car.  Here is an Amish buggy that you can get into and have your picture taken.  I've done that in the past.



The planters were so pretty.



There are always rocking chairs to sit in.



The goats were no fools.  They were both in the shade.  It was hot!




We didn't stay to eat because it was getting late and we wanted to get started toward home.  But we did buy some things in the store.  I got fresh baked honey wheat bread, some whoopie pies for a couple of friends, mini animal crackers, chocolate covered pretzels, a bag of Joe potato chips and two bottles of Joe iced tea -- one for me and one for Joe.  I had to get things that I saw his name on.






Our trip home was pretty fast until we reached Route 76.  Then it was about 5 miles an hour for around 10 miles.  But it really wasn't a bad trip home.  I took a picture of the Art Museum as we passed by.  I love the Art Museum and hope I can get there soon.



The city skyline.  We aren't in the country anymore.



This building is part of the Comcast Campus.  I really like it.



As we were driving along Route 676 I was able to get a picture of the Family Court building and the new Mormon Temple.



By this time it was the beginning of rush hour and of course I-95 was like a parking lot.  But we actually made very good time.



And that is the end of our vacation in Lancaster County.  But the vacation continues.  After a couple of days at home, I will again leave Joe and travel to Elaine's house in northern New Jersey.  We have no plans but whatever we do it will be fun.

Meantime, Joe and I are having fun using Duo and seeing each other on our phones while we talk to each other.  Shades of science fiction!

Goodbye July and hello August tomorrow.  The summer moves on.

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Sister time together! I love all things 'Joe!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool photos.I noticed the plants include coleus (love the colors!).I did not know Joe had his own product line! How neat! Glad you both had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you’ll get together again soon. I thought that this did not last nearly long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I love that you and your sister make time to be together. It's important to have that fun time. Glad you got your power bad. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant ..glad you got your power back. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a good holiday with your sister. I hope to go on holiday with my sister too in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.