Thursday, July 11, 2019

ANNUAL CONFERENCE DAY #1


Hello, friends.  This was not a great day for me health wise.  I've been doing pretty good, so I guess I can put up with a bad day now and then.  Joe had to go to the doctor at the V.A. Hospital this afternoon.  I drove him down and left him off.  Then I turned around to go home.  Well because of construction on the streets and accidents and closures the 15 minute drive took me 55 minutes.  Fortunately Joe took the train home and I only had to drive 2 minutes to the train station to pick him up.  But it was pouring rain.  I mean POURING rain.  I could hardly see through the windshield.  It let up a little when the train pulled up and Joe didn't get too wet walking to the car.  By the time I drove home again, it was coming down fast.  I guess I won't have to water my plants tomorrow.  It is still raining, thundering and lightning 6 hours later.

Since I found my camera and now have pictures, I thought I would spend a few days telling you about the Annual Conference of our denomination that we went to last April.  The first day was Monday, April 29.  As I told you earlier, we left in what I thought was plenty of time, but it took an hour longer to get there than the internet told me it would.  So we were too late for dinner.  Fortunately, Joe had bought sandwiches for lunch and we hadn't finished them so we were able to have something before we went to bed.

It was beautiful scenery we drove through, but I was really happy to finally see Pinebrook.


And the Guest Services building where we checked in and got our room keys.


The Children's Garden is always so pretty.


Of course Pastor was already there when we showed up.  I think he might have been doubting we would come.


We accepted one new church into our denomination this year:


Yes, Joe finally was seated next to Pastor for the meetings.  I was sitting near them with my friends Sharon, Sue and Nancy.


The pastor and members of the Harvest Fellowship Church were so happy to become a part of our denomination.  The pastor gave an overview of the history of their church which was very interesting.


After that we went back to our room and went to bed because we were beat.

More about the conference tomorrow.  Can't wait to show you more pictures.  Until then, have a great night.

Kathy




8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a promising conference as you welcome a church to the fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each year at least one church joins us. Last year we had three.

      Delete
  2. So where did you find your camera?? Did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hidden in the back of the glove compartment. I talked about it last time.

      Delete
  3. That rain was really something! We got a bit of water in the basement but when I see the damage elsewhere...Glad to hear Joe avoided the worst of it. Glad to hear of another church joining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you that you found your camera!
    And that rain last night! We had it too. But it's a beautiful new day now.
    I do hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the rain yesterday. It was torrential! I got soaked twice while picking up a few groceries. And I wasn't feeling the best either which made it feel so much worse. So glad to see the sun this morning!!
    Glad you found the camera. Looking forward to more pictures. Have a great day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you see the good with the bad, you don't have to water.
    And YAY! you found your camera!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.