Thursday, July 18, 2019

HOW HOT IS IT?


Hello, friends.  Is it hot in your part of the world?  We got a little relief here today.  There was a major thunderstorm and down pour here last night which brought our temperatures from 97*F (36*C) at 7:00 p.m. when we went into church for Bible Study to 77*F (25*C) at 8:30 p.m. when we came out.  It was warm again today but we just had another major storm and it has gone down to 83*F (28*C).  This is just the lull though because this weekend it is going up to 100*F (38*C) with heat index numbers around 115*F (46*C).  I am staying inside in the air conditioning as much as possible.

Since I am not doing too much, I thought I would give you a this and that type of post today. 


Yesterday I went to the cardiologist.  It was my usual doctor's partner.  Of course no one at the office is going to tell me my doctor's personal business, but I was told to come back to see the new doctor in 6 months.  I asked if my doctor was retiring and was given a vague answer.  I have a feeling he or someone in his family is very sick and I sure hope this is not the case.  I have been seeing him for over 20 years and like him a lot.  The new doctor, Dr. Saul, was very good.  I was afraid of him for nothing.  He listened to everything I said and ended up giving me a new medicine to add to my day.  It should take about two weeks to get a full effect, but already I am feeling better after just 3 doses.

My eye is better, but still not good.  On Monday I started seeing blood colored floaters in my left eye which has gone down to just one long strand.  It is annoying.  I look around it and thank God I still have my sight.  Dr. Saul thinks I may have broken a blood vessel with the high blood pressure I've been having, and told me to see an opthamologist.  My usual eye doctor is on vacation this week so Joe told me to call his doctors that did his cataract surgery.  I just did and have an appointment for Tuesday afternoon which is the earliest they had.

So, want to see some pictures?  I went through my shots and found some to show you.

Remember the house down the block from me they are fixing up?  Here are a couple of new shots of it.  The first one is from July 2 and the second from July 14.  It is moving slowly, but is being done correctly.  They let each layer dry and cure before adding the next.




I got the cutest birthday gift for Hadley.  Can you believe in a couple of weeks she is turning two?  I saw this in Shop Rite and had to get it because she loves kitties so much.


It's not just a little kitty, it's a little kitty purse!


And it opens by pulling the tail up and down its back.  So cute!  I know she will love it.


I will have to do a post on Hadley soon and show you how big and cute she has gotten

Threatening clouds and severe storms roll in once a day.  It's the only thing keeping us from roasting in this heat.  I heard it's the end of the hurricane that came up from Louisiana.



And that's all I have for you today.  Off to start dinner.  Chicken in the air fryer, left over macaroni salad and green beans that I have to use before they go bad.  Shouldn't be too bad in the kitchen.  There's no air conditioning out there, but I do have a fan.  Oops -- more rain coming now.  I hear the thunder.  Have a good day, everyone.

Kathy




12 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy that’s scary about your eye, I sure hope your blood pressure is under control now! I’m also glad you were pleased with your new doctor, it’s hard to change when we’re used to one doctor for so long, It’s really hot here as well, I feel like a lazy slug lol take care my friend, thank you so much for the kind words today,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Anything concerning eyes scares me. I hope everything works out with yours and if it's the blood pressure causing the problem that you get it down and it stays down.

    Our sky looked just that black last night, too, and I am sure not complaining about the rain right now. At least it keeps things a little cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fun with eye problems. Phil has happen too occasionally. Eye drops of certain kind do help. We've had cloudy weather mostly this week. On and off with sunglasses while driving to/from dentist today. 79 degrees. Warmer this weekend. Praying ya all get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Please take care of yourself. I hope you get into the dr and like him and he can help you. I love the kitty cat purse. Hadley will find it fun i am sure. It's very hot with high heat index and warnings out for people to be careful. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you might need a kitty cat purse too, it is so cute, then you and Hadley could be twinsies. Is that a five story house down the street? Stay cool and I hope your eye problem heals. It is reaching 70 degrees here, I love this temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the new doctor worked well with you. It's hard to change when you've had the same one for years.Let's hope the eye doctor has good news too.I'm relieved to see the news is posting the symptoms for heat emergencies so everyone can be aware. This heat is a bit scary. I love the storm cloud photos! I look for the tiniest bit of blue peeking through.Stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOO FLIPPIN' HOT!

    Cute kitten... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy! It's hot hot hot here too. I think we still have some of the north in our blood. I have to admit I did like the milder summers in upstate New York. I'm sorry to hear about your eye and hope you get that seen about. New doctors are always a bit scary at first. Thank you for always being so supportive of my blog and you make my day too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know just how you feel about losing your regular doctor and getting a new one. My orthopedic doctor is retiring next month, so I'll have to start seeing one of the other doctors in his practice. I've been with my doctor for more than 35 years. You have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hot here. We had a storm that just dumped lots of rain the other day. Showers off and on yesterday too.
    So glad you liked the new Dr. I changed to another practice for my PCP a few years ago. It's scary but I really do like my new Dr. Glad you are getting that eye checked.
    Stay as cool as you can...the heat was absolutely oppressive today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that the temps have cooled. It was certainly too hot for the entire East coast the past several days. How good to visit a doctor and actually feel better as a result. 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.