Saturday, July 13, 2019

ANNUAL CONFERENCE DAY #2


Good morning, friends!  Hope it's a lovely day for you.  Today the sun is shining and the temperature is going up to 89*F (32*C) but the humidity low.  I hope to get outside some today.  But, of course, there is always loads to do inside.

Today is the second Saturday of the month, so it's Second Saturday Matinee at church.  This month we are watching "God's Not Dead 2."

Image result for god's not dead 2

We showed this a few months back, but the disc I had gotten from the library stopped in the middle and wouldn't play the end.  😞 Rick has a new copy that he played through and it works so we will finally see how the movie ends.  It is summer, so we don't expect a lot of people to attend, but I advertised it all over facebook so let's see what happens.

Yesterday I went to Crafters at church.  There were five people there all working on different projects.  I am still working on the shawl I began at Annual Conference.  I had quite a bit finished on it, but my needle broke.  I ended up pulling the entire thing out and starting over.  This time I am using bigger needles and an easier pattern and the knitting is going quickly.  Because of the arthritis in my hands I could work on it only for around an hour but in that time I got six rows done.  I want to get it finished before I go away to Lancaster in two weeks.  I am planning on taking it with me to the theater so if I'm cold I can throw it around me instead of trying to stick my arms through sleeves in a sweater.  Those seats are small and close together and last time I took a sweater I ended up hitting the woman in the seat next to me.  Embarrasing!

Yesterday began the Hallmark Channel Christmas in July movies.  So far I've seen my favorite "A Merry Mixup" and now I'm watching "A December Bride."  And I'm even wearing my t-shirt that says "This Girl LOVES Hallmark Christmas Movies."  Ha, ha!

So let me continue with my story of this year's Annual Conference since I have my pictures.  Today I will show you the second day, Tuesday April 30.

I took these pictures when we were walking over to get breakfast.  Morning in the mountains is so pretty.



Breakfast was scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, orange juice, and tea or coffee.  Then there was another meeting with singing and a message.





When we broke for lunch, Joe came over to me and told me was sick.  He asked for the room key and left quickly.  I went to check up on him and he was really sick.  So sick that he wasn't able to go back for the afternoon meetings.  I even left and went to the local Rite Aid to see if I could get something to make him feel better.  He slept for the afternoon and sent me to dinner by myself hoping if he just laid there he would start to feel good.  (He didn't but he slept.)  Dinner was baked chicken, roasted red potatoes and green beans with garlic.  So good.

On my way to dinner I stopped to take pictures of the pretty flowers.  They are everywhere.



This is the hall where we had all of our meetings.


And the room that we stayed in was right across the driveway from the meeting hall.  We were in the fifth room down.


Here is the dining hall.  It is right across the road from the meeting hall.


I liked sitting on the benches right outside of our rooms.  And I met so many nice people that way.


In the evening I went by myself to see the ordination service.  There were two men who were ordained this year.  Of course first there was singing and several speakers.



The men were given the charge.


And the pastors laid hands on them and prayed.



Joe was still asleep when I got back and slept through the entire night.  And he did feel better in the morning.  I'll finish up the last day tomorrow.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today.

Kathy



5 comments:

  1. I am glad that the conference was fun for you but sorry that Joe got so sick. It is miserable to be sick away from home. It looks like a wonderful conference and the place you stay is cute as can be.
    Hope all is well with both of you today. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have all of your precious photos to share! Enjoy your weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are so pretty! Sorry that Joe was so ill. I think I would have liked sitting on those benches too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up with all your photos. You're right. It's gorgeous in the mountains in the morning. and during the day too. Those flowers are so pretty. So sorry that Joe got sick, but hoping he is much better now. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bench outside your room does look inviting! I'm catching up with your posts this morning...Hopefully I'll get one written too but we'll see =) Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.