Friday, June 28, 2019

GROCERY HAUL


The heat wave continues.  One more day before it breaks -- or so the weatherman says.  It is so hot that I don't want to do anything.  Even when it cools off in the evening I still have no energy.

I told you that Joe and I went to Shop Rite after Bible Study on Wednesday.  Here is what we got.



We needed cat food.  That's an every week occurrence.  Or at least every two weeks.

Country White bread, Joe's favorite.  We were out of mustard and bananas.  I got some cinnamon raisin English muffins.  And the Valentine and snowman cupcake papers were only 50 cents apiece in the clearance section.
 
Joe wanted orange juice and we were completely out of eggs and margarine.

I got a large package of chicken thighs and a package of brown sugar and honey sausage.  Because it is so hot we wanted something cold.  I got my favorite Klondike bars and Joe got the wiser choice of Outshine all fruit mango bars.

And we needed fries, lunchmeat and cheese.

This morning I picked up Donna and we went to Shop Rite.  Donna did her two week shopping and I finished up what I needed.


We needed milk.  Nathan's hot dogs were on sale, so I got a package.

The strawberries looked good, so I got a box.  I got a couple of bags of salad.  We have been eating a lot of salad.

A pork roast, pork chops and flounder.

The mushrooms were two boxes for $4.  A sale for sure.  I also got carrots, Jazz apples and green beans.

Joe was out of sugar free grape jam.  I got the Italian salad dressing and the barbecue sauce for a recipe I'm doing later this week.  OK, I didn't need the cake mixes, but they were 99 cents each.  At that price I got a few and will put them away for when I need them.


The past two days I have seen a butterfly outside my front door.  I have not seen a butterfly in years.  I am never quick enough to get a picture of it.  It flits by, lands on the artificial flowers outside of my door, sees they are not real, and moves on.  I want to attract butterflies so I decided to get a real plant to put out front.  I have tried to have real plants in the past and they always die.  Too much light?  Not enough light?  Too hot with all the concrete and brick?  Not enough water?  Too much water?  I have never figured it out.  Joe and I have been talking about it and when we saw hydrangea bushes in Shop Rite on Wednesday we considered them.  I said it wouldn't work because they get so big.  But finally we decided to at least try it.  So today I got one.  I think the prettiest one in the store.



I was able to plant it when I got home before the rain.  It rained just a few minutes and didn't even cool things down.  I think it looks good out front and I hope the butterflies think so too.





It is actually two plants together which is why there are two colors.  The white one is starting to turn purple.  I think it's so unique.  I may end up getting another one since I have another large pot.

I don't have any photo challenge pictures for you today.  I am going to have to work on that.

And now it is getting late so I am going to get ready for bed.  It has been a long day.  Hope you all have a peaceful and restful night.

Kathy






9 comments:

  1. What a haul! Looks delicious. I'm with you on this heat. It can be so draining on what little energy you may have.Even the news is saying to be careful. Filling the tub sounds like an idea....Love the photo at the end. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why it is satisfying to peer at other folks’ groceries is anyone’s guess, but it is. 🙂 The hydrangea is very pretty. I hope that it likes its new spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We’re all so curious about grocery hauls lol, it’s great yo see what everyone buys, it gives inspiration, your plant is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have Zinnias and the butterflies just flock to them. They're super easy and quick to grow, very hard to kill & you can grow them in large containers.
    Your hydrangea is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hot here too. We were at a picnic at Dale's brother's farm this afternoon. We sat outside under a big tree until a storm came. It did cool things down. Hopefully it will last for awhile!
    Love the hydrangea! We have two but they don't enough sun here in the woods. Not a single bloom =( Hope yours does good and brings the desired butterflies.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just plain fun looking thru your grocery haul and I like your choices.
    Have hydrangeas in my garden and on my deck and love them.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hydrangeas! They have such big beautiful flowers! Lots of good things from the store too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you got some good shopping in. I ran for groceries yesterday, too. I always end up spending more than I bargained for. lol
    I love hydrangea. They are my favorite 'bush' flower.
    Have a wonderful, blessed Sunday-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hydrangea is gorgeous. You may want to plant it in the ground, maybe near a corner in your yard or a place that needs a large bush. These do get quite large over time. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.