Tuesday, July 16, 2019

IF IT'S TUESDAY, IT MUST BE A GROCERY HAUL


Hello, friends.  Is it hot where you are?  It is like an oven here in Philly.  A brick oven.  A pizza oven.  Take your pick but it is HOT!  And tomorrow is supposed to be worse -- the hottest day of the week with heat temperatures up to 112*F (44*C).  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning but after that I plan to stay in the house with the air conditioning running.

We finished up 1 Timothy chapter 5 today in Ladies Bible Study.  On to the last chapter next week.  And then I have a short vacation that I am really looking forward to.  After the study Debbie and I stopped at Salvation Army and dropped things off.  I keep working at getting things out of the house.  Now I will be starting another bag for next month.

The next thing on the list was a stop at Shop Rite to do our weekly shopping.  I had only six things on the list and of course ended up with more than that.  But good sales were going on.

Here's my haul of the week.

Texas Toast was on sale, 2 boxes for $3.  It's something I like to keep in the freezer for when I need something to add to the meal but don't know what.  The tube of biscuits was also on sale.  And we had used up all of our bread.


A bag of frozen sweet potato fries for a change of pace.  The sour cream was on sale.  I keep finding recipes that call for sour cream, so I got some.  And trash bags since we were all out.


I found these cute shoes for only $8.  And they had my size.  I tried them on when I got home and they are so comfortable.  I am taking them with me on vacation.


Can you believe Spiced Wafers are out on the shelves already?  They are really rushing autumn.  But since they are my favorite cookies, I got them.  They are a limited time cookie -- not found all year.  I also needed olive oil and a lemon for dinner.  I was going to make macaroni salad but I am not boiling water in this weather.  So this little container was perfect.  I also got some ham lunch meat for Joe.


When we first walked into the store, we saw the sale case and these spare ribs were in there.  I went back and forth on getting them but finally did.  It was a good price.


The frozen veggies were 99 cents a bag.  I got four.  I don't know why this picture is sideways.


And finally I got sushi for lunch and another box of Outshine bars.  This time I got watermelon.  I've been wanting to try that flavor.  I hope I like it as much as I do the mango.


And now I have to go start dinner.  Lemon chicken, Amish broccoli salad and Texas Toast.  Maybe if I have room I'll have a watermelon bar for dessert.

See you all later.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Kathy, These really hot days were made to go out to eat....no hot cooking in the house. LOL. I love to have salads and sandwiches when it this hot. But till Ted is totally well maybe in six months or more I can not serve lunch meats. But chicken salad is good. Tuna also. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to have enough money to call out. I can make dinner for both of us for under $5.

      Delete
  2. You did a good shop there, Kathy! We actually ordered food in tonight- something we never do--or hardly ever do. I hope your day was cool and comfortable inside. We are HOT and humid here, too, but not as bad as you are there.

    I hope you and Joe have a wonderful evening. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like calling out too, but we can't get anything for the two of us for uner $20. I can make dinner for around $5 or less.

      Delete
  3. Good haul! I agree with the savings. We call out on Saturday as a 'break'.As Russ works a very physical job (warehouse) I love the challenge of creating a meal to keep him going. I discover a lot of one-pan meals (lol)! Prayers on your doctor
    appointment & stay in the a/c!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to keep my freezer stocked so that I don't have to do much cooking in this hot weather. Take out is a treat for me and Pogo too. It's expensive though, so we don't do it all the time. You are a very good shopper. I used to love following the sales, but now I only have to buy for me and Pogo so my shopping habits have changed. You stay cool, have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.