Monday, July 15, 2019

ANNUAL CONFERENCE DAY #3 AND GOING HOME


And here it is Monday already.  I had a great weekend and am looking forward to a great week ahead.  We hope to be able to get to the Nursing Home today.  Tomorrow is Ladies Bible Study.  Wednesday is a doctor's appointment and Evening Bible Study.  The beginning of the week is always busy for me.  And since I am the church secretary there is always some work to do while I'm there too.  But I am not complaining in the least because I love what I do.  I guess that is why, as I said last week, the end of the week just flies by.  I am trying to do things at home since I work so much the other days.

Let me finish up with the Annual Conference pictures today.  I'm going to tell you about the third day, Wednesday, May 1.  I left off where Joe was so sick he missed the meetings the end of the second day.  He didn't even get dinner.

The next morning he was feeling better and we went to breakfast.  There was French toast and bacon.  We sat with some friends and had good conversations.  Then it was back to the hall for more singing and an excellent message from Pastor Reed before more business was conducted.










Since we had to be out of the room by noon, when there was a break I went back there to pack everything up and put it into the car.  I took pictures of the room to share with you.

The bathroom was very small, but adequate.



The shower was so small it was difficult to use.  But we did.



There was a large dresser with a nice mirror  on the wall above it right outside of the bathroom.



And a little cubby where Joe hung his shirts and suits.



The back of the room had a chair and four bunk beds.  Joe didn't like the mattress on the full sized bed so he slept on the bottom bunk on the left.  I will say those bunks were very comfortable.  I took a nap on one of them.



So during the night I had the full bed to myself.



I like this seating of the Adirondack chairs.  I see people using them all the time for group conversations.



And this little lighthouse is so cute.



More pretty flowers.



The gazebo in the Children's Garden.





We went to lunch and I had a hamburger.  Joe was afraid to eat anything.  We went back for the afternoon session but left early to go to the hotel room we were staying at for the night.

Joe went to the guest services building to hand in the room keys while I waited for him at the bottom of the big hill up to the building.  My legs just wouldn't take that hill.



I was leaning against a tree and noticed how cool the bark was.  Had to get a picture of it.




Joe came back and said they had t-shirts on sale in the building.  They were getting rid of them because they had the old logo on them.  I didn't care.  He asked if I wanted one and I said yes.  So he went back and bought one for me and one for himself.



Then he took a picture of me leaning against the tree.  The only picture taken of me the entire week.  Everyone had been saying to me all day that they liked my top.  It's one that Joe bought for me for Christmas.



This is the dining hall where we had all of our meals.



After we checked in at the hotel, we watched the end of the proceedings on live stream.  So we actually missed only about 15 minutes of it.  After we got settled in and changed our clothes we started looking for someplace to eat.  Someplace affordable.  The restaurant next to the hotel was expensive!  So we ended up at our usual Japanese restaurant -- Ichiban.  Joe had some miso soup.  He likes it, I don't.  But I did eat a few of his noodles.  Them I like!



And then he had sushi.



I had chicken and broccoli.  It was good but something in it didn't agree with me.



This was the view out of our window.  So pretty.  You can see it was still light when we got back to the room.




I took pictures of the room to show you.  Very different from the room at Pinebrook.  Here was our super comfortable bed.



This table for the TV was so cute and so unique.  I was thinking I could do something like that.



The desk area had charger stations in it.



The microwave and fridge.



A cute little coffee maker.



And here's Joe.  What looks like an air conditioner behind him was also a heater.  And we needed the heat that night.



The bathroom was much bigger than the last one we had.



The next morning was bright and sunny.


We went to head home, figuring we would get breakfast on the way.  I took two last pictures of the pretty scenery.



Then I got into the car and promptly lost the camera.  Which is why you are seeing these pictures now and not the beginning of May.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this, even though it is a little late.  And I hope you have a good day today.  I'll be back soon.

Kathy


8 comments:

  1. Kathy, What is it with you and cameras?? My gosh, attach some big strap to your camera honey. Some thing bright, easy to spot. LOL. I hope you find it. Sorry to read that Joe was sick on the trip. That's no fun. Blessings to you both, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was back in April. I found my camera. I have 5 cameras so I can always take a picture.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful scenery! I think the bunk beds are cute. (I agree about going up that hill.) The top Joe got you looks good on you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute photo of you and I love your blouse. I know you're glad to have the photos to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grounds of the conference center are beautiful. That top looks very good on you....nice picture of you too!
    God bless your week, Kathy! I hear it's to be brutally hot this weekend. Guess we will have to accomplish much before it gets here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good memory! I can't even remember what I had for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy! Oh, you do look pretty in that purple top! I love purple but don't think I have anything in that color. Wow, what a busy gal you've been and having such fun! Thank you always for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos. Especially the one of you in your new blouse. It looks really pretty on you. You have a super day, hugs, E#dna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.