Thursday, July 4, 2019

BEAUTY IN THE CHURCH YARD





Hello, friends!  Hope you are all having a wonderful Independence Day.  It will be a low key day for us although I am planning to have hot dogs for lunch and barbecued chicken and potato salad for dinner.  And I'm sure the neighbors will be setting off fireworks even though it is illegal for private individuals to do this in Philadelphia.  

I wanted to show you pictures from Tuesday and yesterday of our beautiful church yard.  We are so grateful to those wonderful people from Hatfield who came to help us out.  It was very hot and they worked so hard to make a beautiful landscape for us.  Beware, there is picture overload.

Several of them began by digging up the front garden along the handicapped ramp.




What a lot of plants they brought in their little car.  All of the plants and shrubs were donated to us.  If we had to buy them it would have been hundreds of dollars I'm sure.



Digging up around the sign.




Even more plants and some shrubs.



I told them to smile for the camera, that I was going to make them famous.




You find everything in the garden -- even a huge plastic spider.



Putting the planters together.  I thought they were beautiful like this.



But then they got even prettier.



And even prettier on the front steps.




Rick and Joe were watching what was going on.




These people worked so hard!



And Joe and Rick provided the lemonade.  It was cold and the weather was hot!



This is Carolyn's aunt who owns the nursery and provided the plants and help for us.  She certainly has an eye for what looks good together and where things should go.  Besides that, she was a lovely lady that I so enjoyed meeting.



And Carolyn's cousin.  She was so nice and so knowledgeable.  Here she is weeding and making sure the edging is perfectly straight.



It was at this point that Joe got sick and we had to leave.  So after his doctor's appointment yesterday, we went back and I took pictures of the finished product.  (And got the dishes I left there.)  Everything was so beautiful!





Then Joe called me over to the parsonage.  They had put plants there too.





How beautiful everything looks.  What a difference plants make.  We are so grateful to these people who were so generous to us.

Have a happy Independence Day.  I will try to have a post for you tomorrow.  Let's see what happens.

Kathy



13 comments:

  1. Those dear folks did an amazing job! It looks so beautiful. A Happy and Blessed 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The Hatfield crew certainly know how to beautify! What a blessing they are! Right down to the spider! lol. We'll be home making sure the dogs are ok with the fireworks. Have a safe & happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They found the spider in the yard when they were digging it up. It's probably in the trash now.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! What are the white leafy plants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. I just watched them put it together.

      Delete
    2. I believe they are called Dusty Miller. They must be quite hardy, because I see them in the Fall here in Lancaster County, PA.

      Delete
    3. I think Sharon is right. I knew they weren't Lamb's Ears, but I couldn't remember the name. Dusty Miller sounds like that is what they are.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, the Church & Parsonage look lovely! We have seen the generosity & hard work of Carolyn's Aunt & Cousin before. They are good examples of serving others & especially supporting the work of the Lord. I'm very happy for your congregation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, How wonderful of the people to make the church look so inviting with all the flowers. I think it is very pretty and some happy faces too. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. praying Joe is feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful transformation!!! The church looks like her congregation loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks beautiful. There are some really wonderful folks around us. We thank God for them. You have a wonderful Fourth of July. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everthing looks so beautiful now....what a big change. So happy you got it done and I know visitors will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what I call SERVICE!
    What a blessing to have these hard workers come and beautify your church yard!
    Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.