Wednesday, July 10, 2019

A GROCERY HAUL AND A SURPRISE




Hello, friends. Ever have one of those days where you can't remember just what day it is?  It always seems to me that once Wednesday is over, the next day is Sunday.  The beginning of the week drags and the end just whizzes by.

This morning I went to the dermatologist.  The growth I had taken off of my back is all healed up with just a small scar.  Everything is looking good.  So glad it wasn't cancer.  I had the last two skin tags removed from my neck.  Now I can wear my necklaces without fear of getting them caught and tearing them off.  So glad they are gone.

Yesterday was Senior Citizen day at Shop Rite.  Debbie and I went after Bible Study.  It may be only $4 or $5 that we save with our senior discount, but something is better than nothing!  Let me show you what I bought.

We were completely out of potatoes and down to our last three eggs.  The eggs were on sale for 99 cents a dozen.  I usually get the 18 eggs but this was 24 eggs for $1.98 and the 18 eggs were $2.49.  Uh... I think I'll take the ones on sale.  The potatoes were on sale too for $2.99.



On Sunday I made a pork roast and on Monday I had the leftovers with pork gravy and mushrooms, mashed potatoes and salad.  So I had used up the pork gravy.  I got another jar because I like to have it in the house.  I usually use Mrs. Meyers dish detergent, but I couldn't find it.  I got Palmolive instead which will do fine for the little bit I use it.  The canned tomatoes were on sale too for 66 cents a can.

Our meat for the week -- sausage, ground beef, burgers, chicken thighs and thin cut chicken breast.  Last night I used half of the chicken breast to make orange chicken.  It was a new recipe for me and it turned out really good.  The sauce is orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and cornstarch.  I breaded and fried the chicken, then poured the cooked and thickened sauce over the chicken and served it on top of rice.  We also had steamed broccoli.  I will definitely make it again.  Tonight we are having burgers and fries with a salad.



And here are the fries for tonight.  We needed some more lactose free cheese and I got another box of the Outshine mango bars.  They are so delicious and I even prefer them over ice cream.



Bananas (we go through a bunch in a week), broccoli, and cinnamon raisin English muffins for my breakfast.



More meat -- low salt bacon, salmon and honey ham lunch meat.



We desperately needed napkins and Joe had me buy him his iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch mixes.  There is always a bottle of each of these in the refrigerator for him.  They are sugar free.  I got a couple of packages of Kool-Aid for me.  Yes, I'm still a kid when it comes to drinking Kool-Aid.



As always, there's food for Jack.



And finally rolls for the burgers tonight and we were completely out of bread.  This is Joe's favorite.



I was bad this week and ate some junk for lunch on a couple of days and so I have gained a pound.  It was a wake-up call for me and I am going back to being good.  But assuming that the weight will come back off in the next few days, I have lost 13 pounds.  Yay for me!  Joe has lost 18 pounds.  We are heading in the right direction.

And now for the surprise.  When I got into the car today to go to the doctor, I leaned over to get the GPS out of the glove compartment.  I almost never use the GPS and usually Joe is sitting next to me setting it up and reading it to me when I do use it.  But since I was alone and not quite sure which was the fastest route to use, I got it out.  Then I saw something in the compartment.  Something shiny and red.  Could it be?  I pulled it out and it was my missing red camera that I lost in April.  Joe must have put it there for safe keeping and forgot about it.  If I knew, I forgot too.  I am so happy.  I now have all the pictures from Annual Conference and I will be sharing them with you in the next few days.  Thank the Lord I found it.  Now I have a camera that I will keep in the car and one I will keep in my purse.

And now I have to get off of here and make dinner.  Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Kathy



9 comments:

  1. Now that was a nice shiny red surprise! Never expected that! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew before you said it, you found your camera! Lol, good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, You cracked me up...you know once you retire everyday is Saturday except for Sunday. Looks like you are going to make some good things to eat. Hope Joe and you are doing well and feeling good. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathy! I'm so glad you found your camera! It will be like having a new one after all this time and you'll have all your photos too! I wish I could find the Russets in a bag like that! They are my favs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I'm glad you found your other camera! PTL!!! I did a bit of shopping today after I got off work. Didn't have a chance to shop for a few things we were out of becuz of my sore leg this weekend. Bimart has canned goods we like and some salad dressing. Got a few items on sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinners look like winners! I make a menu out for the week and then shop accordingly. I usually never have to make any trips to the store during the week. I shop mainly at Aldi..love that store and their prices! Congrats on the weight loss! It's surprising that even just 10lbs off will make a difference in tests and such. I'm glad your skin thing wasn't cancer and that you found your camera! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!! The missing camera is no longer missing! I like the idea of one in purse & in car. Russ was missing one of his magazines 2 weeks ago,couldn't find where he'd laid it...It turned up in the drawer with our call-out menus! Who'd a thought? You got some super deals on groceries.Looks good!
    I agree about not remembering the day. I was at the Pet Clinic on Saturday & kept thinking it was Wednesday! Oh well..Happy Blueberry Muffin Day! (& Pet Photo Day!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you found your camera. Just remember to put it back in the glove compartment when you are done with it. Wow, I bought Cinnamon Raisin bagels this week. I love the taste! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful surprise to find your long lost camera ….brilliant!
    That's quite a grocery haul, and some fantastic prices to boot.
    Glad your skin didn't scar, that's always a good thing :)
    Have a wonderful week dear friend,
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.